注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2197|回复: 33

[[小语种资源]] 第五期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-1-9 21:03:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第五期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

活动说明:1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
   2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

经过本人和montana版主协商,威望定为1个威望,请大家谅解!!!!!

辩论难度较大,看大家的水平了.2个威望!

辩论题目:高校扩招的利大于弊
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-12 18:30:35 | 显示全部楼层
when it comes to the student's number increase in university, as far as i am concerned ,i think it’s advantage is much more than it’s disadvantage .in the first place, it can make a lot of people have a chance to receive a higher education, and have an opportunity to seek after a better job or works. in the second place, it can carry our country’s economy development. Now , many family become richer and richer. They can afford to pay for their education. In the third place, with our country people increase, many young persons need to have a job, but, you know works is limited, we have no choice but let the young people to go to college in order to make our country peace and steady. In the fourth place, we can make use of our college resource completely.  
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-12 18:32:46 | 显示全部楼层
我建议正方用红色,反方用黑色,便于讨论和阅读
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-12 18:52:35 | 显示全部楼层
主义不错,采纳
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-13 20:33:44 | 显示全部楼层
I can't agree with liushijun. Now we can see in many ways, the enlargenment of students recruiting become more and more unpopular as time goes on. Many universities make use of the  enlargement only for making a profit. Enlargement despiting of the configuration of the persons with ability in our society eventually lead to high rate of unemployment among bachelors even masters and doctors of many universities. Why? We can't just contribute this to the lack of ability of our students. A deflective leading could make a genius become a common person. Obviously the original purpose of the enlargenment is good. But blinded enlargement brought us only damages.
唉,汗!英语水平降低了好多。写的很困难,而且也没写好,看来以后要多练练。
回复

使用道具 举报

ahua126 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-1-13 21:42:37 | 显示全部楼层
I think the college enlarge recruitment do bad more to good. In order to increase student number ,the score level must be gone  down .when the score level is down ,the quality of student goes  down. This is one of the problem .second, college student number increases, so the Teacher number also goes up,when there is a short of Teacher,the teaching quality  goes down.3rd, some special school are  not fit for enlarge.such as TCM (triditional  chinese medcine) university,this is our  national elite culture  ,enlarge recruitment is not work well in this area!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-14 08:45:02 | 显示全部楼层
I believe that the university shiould be a place which is open to all capable AND potential students. The exam system in China has been discussed and blamed (by a lot of people) for long, mainly because it is argued that under such a system, the ability to get a high mark in vital exams is the only merit that can be rewarded. That is unfair for many imaginative and dynamic people, as they could be more successful beyond the realm of high-school exam system. However, it is the reality of China which makes abolishing such system very difficult. So my idea is that we should give high-school students a very good chance to rnter university, but also set university students a very strict requirement. What we can see now is that, since the university life is quite different from the high school life (no one's gonna reminding you study anymore), some students, who performed amazingly in the pre-university exam system, lost themselves in the new life, just because there is nobody ordering them to study every moment (which is what always happened in their early life). In contrast, some independent and stimulating students may not have the chance to prove themselves in the more pluralistic university. That's why I believe the university should recruit more students rather than less.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-14 14:46:50 | 显示全部楼层
I agree with none of those ideas. In fact the college enlarge recruitment has many advantages .First ,it desalt bad competition .Before enlarge recruitment ,only 20 to 30 percent of all the students can enter the colleges .Students always stay in the sea of books and tests , how can they improve all-sidedly ?And how can we talk about ac innovate consciousness then ? Second the college enlarge recruitment can bring along the efficient requirement . It’s a good idea to resolve the economy problems that Our country wants to bring along the efficient requirement of the society and help the healthy movement of the whole society economy .
But for all of this ,we should have a calm mind. Our country wants to increase the society requirement through the college enlarge recruitment , And when this intention is achieved ,whether we should stop it and make “enlarge recruitment” a
“makeshift”? Thus ,again we will be back to the bad competition ?Since it is for catabating the economy pressure ,the enlarge recruitment actually should be “full of flexibility”,and it will be hard to control the point .Anyway ,I think the college enlarge recruitment should has a lowest point ,not a “abyss”
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-14 15:30:14 | 显示全部楼层
I think the advantages of enrollment expansion of universities or colleges outweighs the disadvantages. Firstly, they want to keep up with the need of the job market to produce more qualified people to take up the jobs.  With the rapide development of our county, a growing number of talents are needed to meet the demand in all walks of life. To illustrate, nowsdays vocational technicals are in short just because we still havent laid stress on the development of vocational shools.
Secondly, the expansion has entitled many high school graduates to the right of receiving higher education. Looking back  the year of 80s I can still feel so great competition for the entrance to colleges. So many young boys and girls are denied the chance to receive higher education. It's a great pity.
Last but not least, it can raise the intellectual standards of our nation. Intellectuals are a driving force of a nation. More and more young people with a good education are the basis for prosperity and stability of our country. Hence our country is sure to become stronger and stronger.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-14 16:48:19 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, the advantages overweigh the disadvantages. I enrolled in university (A so-called key-university) in the year 2000. And the enlargement of recruiting student size began in the previous year if I am right. When I graduated from the university one and a half years ago, I did feel the cutthroat competition. Every time I went to a talents recruitment meeting. Almost every college student (me included) complained the enlargement of recruiting student size. The job hunting situation was so poor.
But when I calm down and I consider it quietly, I have to admit that the enlargement is right. The rate of education of people in India is higher than us, and the literate quality and moral quality of a country are related to the rate. Right now the job hunting is tough, but it is good for our country. Students graduated from universities feel the competition is fierce for they all want to find jobs in big or even super cities, like Beijing and Guangzhou. While there are positions in comparatively small cities like Fushun and Yichun, they will not accept them.
Above are my view, it is simple and right, because I have worked for nearly two years. And at this point I want to say more to students who have just left university that everything will be alright. What you have to do is seize a proper opportunity for yourself and work hard, do more and complain less.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-14 17:47:45 | 显示全部楼层
大家继续...............................
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-14 18:44:33 | 显示全部楼层
It’s an ever-controversial topic, and one of realistic significance. Thank the column manager for providing us with such a good opportunity to debate on it!
I take the negative side.
My friends on the positive side are eloquent. Their main evidence, as I concluded,  is that “our country is developing, it’s in great need of the talented. So we must widen the entrance for higher education.” It sounds reasonable. However,  they have neglected two points of ultimate importance.
The first, does the modernization of our country really need everyone, or most of us, to receive higher education? Thanks Tycoon, he has given a good answer to the question., by saying “To illustrate, nowadays vocational technicals are in short just because we still haven’t laid stress on the development of vocational schools”. Yes , what the country needs most are a great quantity of talented  personnels with some expertise or professional technique(that’s an important reason why Japan has been developing so rapidly after the war.) , and it’s the vocational technological schools that provide such kind of education, not the colleges or universities. And of course, vocational technological schools don’t belong to “higher education”(colleges or universities).
The second, with expansion of recruitment, how could colleges work out qualified students? As a reality, the educational resources of our country , like the faculty, equipments, materials ,etc, are not overmuch, but in severe shortage. For example,  five years ago, every 4 students shared one body in our anatomic practice, they had a good opportunity for learning, however, nowadays, in consequence of recruitment expansion, one single body is shared by 8 students. No wonder many teachers are sighing that students are less and less competent year by year.
In conclusion, the first, our country doesn’t need so many people with higher education; the second, contemporary educational resources have already been in short concerning the number of undergraduates, further recruitment expansion is nothing but insane.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-14 19:18:10 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-15 16:28:45 | 显示全部楼层
I am sure that it is good.We are facing much more difficult things in modern times.And not only to have enough physical things but also spirit matters.And the aspects is for all the people.If we have not enough skills and knowledge,we will have no ability to adopt the circumstance.Then it will difficult for us .And I think the education is not only for the minority.It is public.The education is a public education.It should satisfy the  demand of our country's people.And The fact proved that by enlargement the life of most citizens is coming better.And the condition is change better after man master more knowledge
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-15 16:30:56 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-15 18:29:52 | 显示全部楼层
引用第5楼ahua1262006-01-13 21:42发表的“”:
I think the college enlarge recruitment do bad more to good. In order to increase student number ,the score level must be gone  down .when the score level is down ,the quality of student goes  down. This is one of the problem .second, college student number increases, so the Teacher number also goes up,when there is a short of Teacher,the teaching quality  goes down.3rd, some special school are  not fit for enlarge.such as TCM (triditional  chinese medcine) university,this is our  national elite culture  ,enlarge recruitment is not work well in this area!

I agree with ahua. In fact, there are many problems caused by the enlargement of recruitment in China's universities. With the slide of the score of entrance, the quality of student slides too. Lots of  teacher complaned about it many times.

The quality of education in compus even slide too. It is obviously to noticed that under the limitation in university, the more students, the less knowledge they recieved from teachers.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-15 20:59:54 | 显示全部楼层
引用第13楼billy2006-01-15 16:28发表的“”:
I am sure that it is good.We are facing much more difficult things in modern times.And not only to have enough physical things but also spirit matters.And the aspects is for all the people.If we have not enough skills and knowledge,we will have no ability to adopt the circumstance.Then it will difficult for us .And I think the education is not only for the minority.It is public.The education is a public education.It should satisfy the  demand of our country's people.And The fact proved that by enlargement the life of most citizens is coming better.And the condition is change better after man master more knowledge

my dear friend,we are talking about "higher education", not "education"
of course "education" should be public and that's the case for the 9-year "compulsory education". but "high education" is not for every one, not even for the majority. something scarce is something precious. there can never be a quantity of "leaders" in the society, likely, only a minority could be called "elites". if "higher education" were available for most people ,then it was no longer "higher education", it became a new kind of "compulsory education"
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-15 21:24:35 | 显示全部楼层
大家继续.........................................
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-15 21:54:15 | 显示全部楼层
The increasing of enrollment in academy and university , I think , has more advantages than disadvantages . First , the increasing of enrollment in academy and university provides more opportunities for the young to enter academy and university , which is helpful to promote the whole makings of country . Second , the increasing of enrollment in academy and university make lots of young men put defer to work , which is helpful to mitigate the present pressure of job . Third , the increasing of enrollment in academy and university decrease the number of jobless youth in society , which is helpful to maintain the peace of society .
     Of course , everything has its two-faces . The increasing of enrollment in academy and university has its disadvantages yet . For example , the increasing of enrollment in academy and university let more common high school students enter academy and university , which make the quality of the source of entrant debase . For another , at present , the teachers force and the teaching condition of many academies and universities don’t meet the need of the increasing of enrollment , which make the quality of graduate debase . Despite these disadvantages , but if compared with its advantages , the increasing of enrollment in academy and university , I think , is a better measure in our country at present .
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-15 22:26:39 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 01:07 , Processed in 0.425144 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.