搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2570|回复: 32

[[小语种资源]] 第九期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)(愚人节纪念版)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-4-1 13:33:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第九期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

辩论题目:爱国是否就要抵制日本货
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-1 17:53:53 | 显示全部楼层
In my point of view, when a person with conscience of patriotism, to boycott Japan goods is a proper way to act.

Japan's crime in World War Ⅱ brought disaster to human being. The bloody memory is still clear now, but unfortunately. Japanese have forgotten their fathers and mothers crime and worship some evilest war criminals year on year. They try to challenge Asia people, the whole world that they don't accept that they had done crime in World War Ⅱ.Most famous Japan enterprises such like Mitsubishi supported Japan war criminals, and now they do little to show their intention to live with their Asian neighbor peacefully. If we Chinese buy these companies' products, give them money to develop new weapons for kill us in future, where can we find our patriotism in these buying?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-1 18:31:42 | 显示全部楼层
But I think one of  the most important things we need to do now,is to develop our country' ecomoy.
Only by doing so ,can we defeat the disgusting Japanese and let those crazy Japanese under our country'control.
回复

使用道具 举报

ynylb 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-4-1 19:32:48 | 显示全部楼层
[fly]To boycott Japanese commodities or not, it is not a question[/fly]

Some Chinese may strongly hold an opinion that to be a patriot is to boycott commodities from Japan. At the first sight, it seems reasonable for not forgetting the insult exerted on other Asian countries by Japan. Of course, the history should be remembered and there are many ways to remember besides boycotting. It is to say, to remember the insulted history does not certainly means to boycott, sort of extremism. By the way, I do not agree with the opinion in the first post for reasons as follows. First, the crime of invasion has nothing to do with "their mothers"; secondly, it is not a one-way economic communication. While we “give” them money, they “give” money to Chinese too, which may be more than that of the former.

If the Japanese boycott Chinese commodities or take some measures to limit them, we should return like for like. As a matter of fact, we have not heard any news about that. So, why should we bother to boycott Japanese commodities? And it is not difficult to imagine that if we boycott first, how about Japanese? Surely, they will response rapidly. The result is the huge economic lost on both sides. One truth is worthy of mentioning here, i.e. Japanese accounts for the lion’s share of our international tourists, which means a large sum of money every year. According to this case, we should bear in mind that we are selling tourism, kind of export, to Japanese while buying their cars, their electronic products.  It is a two-win policy to keep business contact with them.

Some one may ask me “If boycott is not the best choice, what is it?” As a matter of fact, Deng Xiaoping, our former great leader, had already answered this question by his famous saying “Fazhang Caishi Yingdaoli!(To develop ourselves should be the top priority!)” We should explore the deep meaning in this simple sentence and not to do anything against to this principle. Obviously, only a strong and affluent China can be “key player” in the stage of world politics and economy.

(358 words)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-1 20:32:45 | 显示全部楼层
I don’t agree with ynylb.
I second the boycott.
Japan is a hostile and evil neighbor. It will not respect us if we fail to beat it hard. In World War II, we didn’t beat it hard - the Americans and Soviets helped us. So Japan does not respect us now. But it respects the Americans, for they beat it hard in World War II. Since we can not beat it militarily now, we can beat it politically and economically by boycotting its goods.
Politics and economy co-exist. They help each other. The Japanese enterprises help their government renew its old dream of conquering the world – this time economically. When Japan is strong, it will seek to enter UN’s Security Council and it will send troops abroad. But Japan is a country of no resources. If we don't buy its products, it will starve to death and we may just starve to bones. So, take actions. Boycott Japanese goods.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 02:47:49 | 显示全部楼层
[fly] I am always very surprising that why so much people ask this question.in my opinion,
it is rather easy to determine whether we should boycott Japanese products.
[/fly]

I think each chinese will agree to this idea that the ultimate object to boycott Japanese products is to strengthen our country and to reduce the GDP of japan.then,before we decide to which action chinese should do,we must get enough information to testify the benefit of boycotting .Please remember,we must get engouh and persuasive evidence.however,these evidenc offen should be  provided by government,not by personnel ,after all,government can get more information.
   in sum,when you decide to put your ideas into practice, you must make it clear that your practice can benefit your country not harm her,which could  be proved  not by personnel ,but by government ,at least by economist. If you boycott japanese products to show your patroit ,but in fact ,this boycott bring more loss than benefit,then you are not patriotic ,you just damage your nation.we do not care whatever you think ,we just want to get good results.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 09:46:29 | 显示全部楼层
 Japan did terrible crime in the past, but they didn't sincerely feel sorry what they did in the war. For example, textbook glorifies Japan’s invasion, the refusal of Japanese courts to allow compensation for the women abused during Japan’s invasion time. So as long as Japan did not really apologize to China not only in the oral but also in deed, we have enough reasons to hate Japan forever.
  But in the modern society, we cannot express our hate by war, we must do something in deed, as not stay only in the oral. One of these deeds is to not buy Japanese goods to not add our money to the crimes.  Furthermore, Most famous Japan enterprises ever supported Japan invasion. If we buy their products, how can we face our people died in the japan invasion.
  All in all we must to boycott commodities from Japan! Let’s do from ourselves.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 09:50:07 | 显示全部楼层
We should boycott Japanese products, and do so determinately unless the Japanese leaders and government change its strong positions against its notorious history.

My view is based on the answers of the following three questions.

1.What are the types of Japanese projucts popular in China? Cannot we live without that?
Answer: obviously, the Japanese projucts intrusive in Chinese market include automobiles, motors (elevators, engines, etc.) and electronic products. We can easily find American or European alternatives if we are determined to resist the Japanese goods, and moreover, we should never forget that our technology is growing miraculously so that we can cater to our own needs for most of the time. As for the Japanese PC games, clothes, we can surely live without them, because we have more and better Chinese counterparts.

2.  What can we do to the Japanese economy if the Chinese market resists any Japan-made products?
Answer: Statistics from the economists prove that Japan will suffer a heavy blow if all its Chinese market is closed. Theri products in American and other country's market will face a more difficult situation. Its investment in China will also be hurt severiously, they may no longer expect cheap labor force in China.

3. What can we do to the Chinese people's image in the world if hotile Japanese projucts are kept  out?
Answer: Chinese people's image will be strengthened without doubt. It is said that one may never see a Japanese car on the street of Seoul, Korea. Compared with the Korean people, Chinese peple and the government seem to be more soft. So we should unite and stand up firmly on our feet and say no to the Japanese products. By doing this, we will become stronger in the world arena.

All in all, to boycott Japanese products may not be a difficult thing for our ordinary consumers. As along as we are clear about the above quesitons, I believe that we can force the Japanese to change its attitude and stance by boycotting its products.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 11:33:21 | 显示全部楼层
We shouldn't boycott japanese products,because it is historical product and rooted in the soil of that perid.  Our country incapable resistance foreign country aggression ,this mathod is one kind of helpless choice at that time.

Today, China already is not more than 80 years ago that foreign aggression the poor deterioration China, but is under the economical globalization background, rapidly advances boldly to the economical modernization direction. The development of economical prosperous common people. when we face once more provocation comes from the Japan right wing ,we must surmount historical emotion, with the  rational thought suitable present age, the rational way and the rational channel to  deal with Japanese company.  which is beneficial to develop the economy and expand the national strength, It also fit our fundamental national interest.

Therefore, the choice of resisting Japanese as the resistance method will harm both countries benefit. From long term, Our country's harm will more.  First, as the young market economy country, the trade, the investment, the technology and the management develop very important to Chinese economy. Resisting commodity violate the market principle behavior, without doubt can disparage Chinese the investment environment image, let the overseas enterprise hesitate to invest including Japan. Next,  China and Japan Economical relation is so close, the resisting Japanese goods avoid attacking  those corps which take the profit as their goal.These Japanese enterprises don't implicate with the right wing. But they always are actuate China and Japan to be friendly and a important strength of restrict domestic militarism group  .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 14:13:05 | 显示全部楼层
I am afraid I can not agree with the opinion that we boycott the Japanese commodities.
What is crucial and reasonable is to coordinate our steps to that of our country. It is not a simple question of yes or no. We may consider it in a broad way. We must realize that our economy is not powerful enough; our country is not strong enough.
At present the relationship between China and Japan is chilled and the Japanese action is notorious. In my words they are disgusting. But by boycotting the Japanese commodities what should we get? Is it any help to the solving of the problem?
We have to realize that there are so many countries on this planet, if we shut down all of the relationships between Japanese and Chinese, will the Japanese starved to death? Not really. They can be alive and even thrive from the World War II on the poor island; they can also live through the boycotting of from Chinese people.
I hate Japanese very much in my deep soul for there disgraceful invasion during the world war two, and the disgraceful reaction toward the facts-the crime they had done. I hate America also, till I was enrolled in senior middle school, the US government has done so many to hurt the feeling of Chinese people, will we boycott them?
How about the Vietnam, the India, the Russian?
All of us should remember these words when referring to the relationship between countries” there is no eternal friendship but eternal benefit”
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 17:19:52 | 显示全部楼层
I always believe that whether one should boycott Japanese commodities is a matter of individual choice. The import of Japanese commodities do bing us good things. otherwise there would not be an argument about boycott at all. Patriotism cannot override all other good values in social life. Nazi Germany is the most patriot regime ever in human history, and it is also the most evil one. If one does love his country, he should always remember that. without his fellow men and women, there could not be a country. To love one's while ignore other people's preference, feeling and point of view is very elitist, which I cannot agree with. The ultimate aim of patriotism, in my opinion, is to maximise the good of all citizens, and these goods should be developed freely by themselves rather than being force to accept. If one's .bad feeling overrides his preference to Japanese commodities, then boscotting is rational, reasonable and should be defended, i.e., no one should laugh or speak against his choice. However, that does not mean he is morally superior to the others so that he could judge what is right and what is wrong to do. To love your country is incompatible with treating your fellow men and women unequally. Therefore, as long as the choice is made freely, I see neither one - boycotting Japanese commodities or not - is superior than the other.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 20:45:05 | 显示全部楼层
I think we should boycott the Japanese products.
I hate Japanese till the days I stayed at home watching tv with my family, the movie about battle of Chinese against the Japanese invaders make hate them very much. I want to get a gun at shoot at Japanese after every movie show of that kind of material. I want to be a soldier and kill the Japanese on the battle field.
Now I am an adult, I know that killing others is wrong, so Japanese were wrong at that time, we should not do the same wrong thing. That is, if a dog bites a person, it is normal, for it is its intrinsic characteristics. But if a dog is bite by a person, then what is the difference between the dog and the man.
Right now I spot the topic sddz sponsored, I want to say that, though we should not kill them, we should boycott the Japanese products to demonstrate our unshakable national decisions. We will keep the battle against them till the end. Let us work together just like the South Korea has done. To isolate the god damn Japanese.
I am so angry when mentioning the japanpese. I know that not every Japanese is bad guy, but we as a nation, as a sovereignty should let the tiny country know what is regret.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 21:03:34 | 显示全部楼层
I think it’s not advisable that we boycott Japanese products blindly.

The trade between China and Japan is reciprocal. All of people of two countries gain lots of benefits from the corporation. I don’t wish the relation is destroyed because it isn’t uneasy that the two parties of China and Japan pay out a great deal of efforts.

Now someone held some advices that we should boycott Japanese products. This origin is Japanese government deny the true aggressive history. And then if we attack the enterprises Japanese business built in China, and think it absolutely, it will fault in practice. At the same time, we don’t beat the wicked force in Japan. On the contrary we give the wick force some chances to foul our country and damage Chinese good international visualize after reformed.

So I consider we should express our patriotic passion sanely and try our best to finish own works.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 23:04:25 | 显示全部楼层
I agree we should not boycott Japanese products in a certain degree.

Firstly, the task of our nation  is prior to develop economy. It is well known that there still is a quite gap comparing the economy of our country to developed country, though in recent years we have achieved  great progresses in many areas. Japanese is not our enemy except for the several ones. Boycott of  Japanese products is meaning to boycott of its technique and  have disadvantage over our economy.

Secondly, we must think a question that why we should boycott Janpanese. To afraid of Japan's economy development? I think the answere is not. I believe that the results will be reverse only after  our contry become strong enough. So we should go all out to develop our economy to keep our development pace to developed country. As a  developed country, Japan still have many things worth of our studying. In a short term, boycott Japanese products can deliminate the Janpan's economy effectively. however, it will affect ourselves economy in a long term. If we do this, there are still other threats to our country because we slowly development.

So we must study hard to make our country stronger and stronger, and let the little Janpan afraid of us.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-3 00:48:10 | 显示全部楼层
We, all the Chinese, should boycott the Japanese commodities
The government of Japan does not admit the crimes they committed during the WWII for a long time; Blaspheming the truth in the history book; Stealing our island; Thinking about join the UN Security Council; Wanting to interfere our unification.
The commodities we import from Japan most are luxuries, we can easily find substitutes and the better choose domestics. It will have no harm to our economy. We have no reason to give our money to our enemies and we have to admit that it is naive that the Japanese will respect the weeks and they belittle us in their heart.
The commodities we export to Japan most are life necessaries, which the Japanese have no choice but to import from China for the reason of cost or the others.
回复

使用道具 举报

zhuimr 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-4-3 01:01:42 | 显示全部楼层
I think we should boycott the Jap goods.

The recent protest in China is to protest against Japanese government's behaviors to whitewash their atrocities committed in WWII. The reason why Chinese people are boycotting Japanese products is that many Japanese companies donate money to support to compile and publish text books distoring history. It is true that some Japanese products have good market in China. But recent protest just means that Chinese people never forget those atrocities done by Japanese military government although they buy some Japanese products. From this point of view, it is not self-delusion at all. Instead, it just means Chinese people are rational,and patriotic.

we all can do what we can to protest again Japanese government. but the japanese mainly get their market from the U.S. That's why when the U.S. economy goes down, so does Japan's. the Chinese entertainment and electronic industries have to step up and protest Japanese products and companies. Otherwise, not buying a used $4000 japanese car from an American owner doesn't make much impact on our message. And you get stuck with a bad American car, or worse.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-3 09:54:56 | 显示全部楼层
[fly]In my opinion, We should boycott the Japnese goods.[/fly]

The reasons are stand to reason. As a self-governed country, Japanese, which made a badly mistake on Asie countrys people, are not recognitory a well known truth,such as nanjing holocaust, especially, he does not recongize the truth, that is an invasive battle to China, and Korea, Korea and so on. that is to say, the Japanese country which are not creditted, how can we to make a trade with the country? who can pledge our benefits, and other behoofs

As a matter of fact, if we boycott the Japanese products and goods, the benefits among Chinese and Japanese are injured. because the commerce between the two country are more and more great. up to now, Japanese is the second biggest trade friend to China. but I think the disadvantageous things are short-lived and we can overcome it by holding together the party. At the same time, we should  enhance make a greater commerce with other country.

All in all, if our counry become stronger and stronger, We need not depend on some country. If we are powerful, none can invade us.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-3 20:34:11 | 显示全部楼层
First,I want to point out,Boycott Japan goods is just an alternative way to express our conscience of patriotism.It is not the only way,Most of us boycott those things made in japan are not showing our patriotism but to express the anger to the politics,activies that hurt our feeling,and the disopointness to our govenment's reactions.
In my point of view,We should not boycott Japan goods.To be frankly speaking,japanese commodities are most of good quality,at some special occations we need them.And as our country is opening up to the whole world,We should accept any other country's  commodities  that are of high Q/P-QUALITY PER PRICE,despite of the country's attitude to our country.In other ways,recent years more and more japanese companies set up their manufacture works in China,inevitablely some advanced tecnologies and management skills will come and this in turn will advance our country's development.At the same time,the problem of hunting job will be easied.
But I don't mean we should be quiet and forgive the japanese,even be tolerent to them is unacceptable.We should memorize the history,hold the view that japan is a danger and had hurt us,be aware of it .And of most important,Work hard to get our country prosperous to ensure we will never be attacked again.Once we are invaded,We will fight to the last minute!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-3 20:38:53 | 显示全部楼层
不好意思,因为网络故障,发了一个重复的,现在删除!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-3 20:45:41 | 显示全部楼层
不好意思,因为网络故障,发了一个重复的,现在删除!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 19:48 , Processed in 0.478502 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.