搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1196|回复: 14

[[小语种资源]] 第十六期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-6-13 18:31:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第十六期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

辩论题目:正统音乐是否渐渐没有市场

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 19:16:11 | 显示全部楼层
(正统音乐 is supposed to refer to classical music )
NO.
it is the case that the market of classical music is rather smaller comparing with that of popular music. but the deduction that the market of classical music will be less and less is not reasonable.
many national or local symphony orchestras are giving concerts all the time. there are many famous artists in the field of classicl music which are also highly recognized by the society. many parents would like their kids to have some practice of instrument, which could help enlighten the kids` temperaments.
considering the life time of hundreds of years for some melodies,  classical music will always be an important part of music.
i would like to end with a metaphor to food, pop music is rather like fast food, it is easy to take, but has less nutriment; while classical music are more valuable and could  enlighten people much more.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 19:56:26 | 显示全部楼层
There are some different standpoints on whether the market for classical music dies down or not. Some insisted that the market for classical music will die down in the future, and others said not. In my opinion, I agree with the former. There are some reasons below for my opinion.

1. Like the whole life of human, Any other matter has its own developmental rule consisting of birth, development, bloom, downfall and death. It is an impersonal order that any one must obey. Naturally classical music is not an exception. So it will die down in the future.

2. In the present age, because of its feature, close touch with the lives of common people, pop music is more and more popular with common people. In contrast, classical music nowadays does not reflect the lives of common people, and not mirror of feeling, minds of common people. Hence, it is very rational that common people do not love the classical music. So the market for classical music subsequently dies down.

3. It is noted that content of classical music will vary with the development of the society. Perhaps pop music yesterday is classic music today, and pop music today will be classical music tomorrow. So I think it is content of classical music that die down, but not the name of classical music.

In a word, I insist that the market for classical music will die down
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 20:09:25 | 显示全部楼层
MY viewpoint:
The legitimate music can’t without the market
The music is hearing art, Is for listen to exist, In the music history development perpetual flow,
The people passed through nearly in 3000 (since old times the Greektime) the long course, has passed through many different development paths.The music progress and the development are same with the entire social history progress and the development , That is a process which unceasingly progressives, unceasingly to change, unceasingly to develop,unceasingly updates.
The different time, the different historical period produce art (including music art) all has the oneself unique spirit style and the time characteristic,The music as well as all art, in the creation, have mostly manifested the different time spiritual style,In other words all creations undamentally said is the time spiritual product, the different time, the different music style, brings the different sense of hearing feedback and the esthetic value to the people.
我的观点:
正统音乐不会没有市场
音乐是听觉艺术,是为了听而存在的,在音乐历史的发展长河中,人们经过了近三千年(自古希腊时期)漫长的历程,走过了诸多不同的发展道路。音乐的进步和发展与整个社会历史的进步和发展是一样的,是一个不断递进、不断变化、不断发展、不断更新的过程。不同时代、不同的历史时期所产生的艺术(包括音乐艺术)都具有自己独特的精神风貌和时代特征,音乐以及所有的艺术,在创作中,大都体现了不同时代的精神风貌,换言之所有的创作从根本上说就是时代的精神产物,不同的时代,不同的音乐风格,给人们带来不同的听觉反映和审美价值
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 20:15:50 | 显示全部楼层
I insist that traditional music will gradually lose its market.

Nowadays, the foreign cultures widely flow into China as our Government open the door. There exist the foreign movies, foreign foods and foreign cars everywhere. Especially, many foreign music come are brought into China and Chinese people can feel different foreign cultures. This phenoma are good for us, because these make our eyes open and we can coincide with the intenational fashion.

However, it seems that our traditional music gradually vanish from us. Many young people would listen to Engilish love songs rather than Chinese tradictional music. It is common in our daily life. Furthemore, few art students would like to take Chinese tradictional music as their major in colleges. At present, the chinse traditional music gradually lost its domination.

The main reason is that Chinese traditional music can not adapt itself to the current econimic situation. It is the adaptability of popular songs that makes them flourish. On the other hand, the chinese traditional music have still been in its original operation pattern. The pattern are adopted in the planed economics and the Government is responsible for its development. Now, the Government pushes the traditional music to the competitive market. Therefore, the traditional music suffer from its inadatability.

In my opinion, Traditional music stand for Chinese people, such as "Two Fountains Reflecting Moon"(《二泉映月》), "Early Spring Snow"(《阳春白雪》),"Fishing Boats Returning"(《渔舟唱晚》) and so on.  They are the record of Chinese cultural development. Hence, we should try our best to develop the music. If the situation is not change, traditional music will gradually lose its market.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 20:37:52 | 显示全部楼层
    To frankly saying, I think that the market of classical music is getting small, eventually I think classical music will disappear in the music market.
    Because, firstly, I think the number of people love classical music in your life ,but ,the developing of society is very fast, the result that a lot of people want to survive in the modern society, they must adapt themselves to adaption the society. So they must study much new knowledge and touch new the thing, and so on. So they have not time to listen the classical music.
    Secondly, now , young people will dominate this society to accompany the developing of society, it is have no fun for a lot of young people, the pop music become more and more important in the girl’s heart, they adore those star, such as Zhou Jielun or Zhou Bichang, and so on, the girl is very loving their song, the boy is very loving athletics star, such as David Beckham or David Beckham, and so on, so the young people is not loving classical music at all.
    Thirdly, every parent want to study in abroad, they hope their children gain brilliant in themselves life, if the children has study classical music in the childhood, then they have a huge important to gain brilliant, so a number of children do not learn classical music at all.
    So, the market of classical music is getting small, eventually I think classical music will disappear in the music market.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 22:04:35 | 显示全部楼层
Pop musical ebullient summer
After the Western legitimate musical is introduced our country, the development  have not been able to build the fruits of virtue in dozens of years, have not been able to obtain the populace influence and to obtain the corresponding commercial success. But the present emerges one kind has the bright pop culture brand mark unorthodox "the musical ", actually starts to perform the market greatly to put the extraordinary splendor. Does not make the academic discussion, only makes the phenomenon analysis, "the pop musical" arose at the historic moment.

Legitimate explanation :
What is a musical ? The musical is born to the last the beginning of century European and American mainland, the music source from the  black American's jazz, the dance synthesized jazz and the tap dance. The musical is one kind of altitude comprehensive stage synthesis art, if looked at it as a whole, its integrant part nearly included now in the world the extant overwhelming majority art variety from the literature, the play, the poetry, the music, the dance, the sculpture, the drawing, the building, to humorous art, funny performance and acousto-optic art, even also has included movie, acrobatics, magic and so on.The musical highly synthesizes these different esthetics categories, the different esthetic way, the different artistic charm artistic class, which provides to the audience not the time and the spatial limit, the sense of hearing and the vision pays equal attention to, the expression and the modelling ready comprehensive theater esthetic effect.

At this point, discussion about  the musical and what is the Chinese musical, had transformed to the question that  how moved towards the musical  market, perhaps this idea was precisely sprouting, let initial musical welcome the different shape time. Then, we taste the test dialectically, the development judgement regard this by "the musical", the name emerging entertainment literature style, and the with great courage naming is the POP musical, POP (popular) also, they are richer compare with the traditional musical, also is easier to obtain the market to be successful.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-6-13 22:14:10 | 显示全部楼层
引用第6楼deltoid2006-06-13 22:04发表的“”:
Pop musical ebullient summer
After the Western legitimate musical is introduced our country, the development  have not been able to build the fruits of virtue in dozens of years, have not been able to obtain the populace influence and to obtain the corresponding commercial success. But the present emerges one kind has the bright pop culture brand mark unorthodox "the musical ", actually starts to perform the market greatly to put the extraordinary splendor. Does not make the academic discussion, only makes the phenomenon analysis, "the pop musical" arose at the historic moment.

Legitimate explanation :
What is a musical ? The musical is born to the last the beginning of century European and American mainland, the music source from the  black American's jazz, the dance synthesized jazz and the tap dance. In 1927, prosperous Cohen "Aquatic Stage" has lifted the musical time arrival, interlude "Old person River" in was widely known at that time, spreads the whole world. From by the jazz, the dance primarily musical to joggle musical, to the European musical which similar to modern opera concept , musical concept itself also unceasingly  develop and change, becomes popular performance form which retained the suitable artistic standard . The musical is one kind of altitude comprehensive stage synthesis art, if looked at it as a whole, its integrant part nearly included now in the world the extant overwhelming majority art variety from the literature, the play, the poetry, the music, the dance, the sculpture, the drawing, the building, to humorous art, funny performance and acousto-optic art, even also has included movie, acrobatics, magic and so on.

这是你写的吗?请问
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 22:18:18 | 显示全部楼层
I don’t think classical music would lost its popularity in the near future. Classical music in its widest sense is held to refer to music deriving from learned traditions, taught through institutions either specifically devoted to music or through institutions or traditions typically religious dedicated to transmission of specific schools of music. Classical music is thus contrasted with popular or folk music.

First of all, in the English language, the term "classical music" is usually a homophoric reference to European classical music and its derivative styles, and is rarely used to refer to traditional musical styles of other regions. It can also carry the specific meaning of concert music dating from the period of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Joseph Haydn, and their immediate successors This Classical music era is thus distinguished from, for example, the music of the preceding Baroque and the subsequent Romantic eras).

In addation, popular music is an international multi-disciplinary music covering all aspects of the subject - from the social group identities music through popular contruy music, to the workings of the global industry music. The popular music includes all kinds of popular music, whether rap or rai, jazz or rock, from any historical era and any geographical location. Popular Music carries classes from a large variety of disciplines . Therefore, popular music is much popular than classical music. But this does not mean classical music will disapper in the future. All in all I think both classical music and popular musci are the essential parts of the art world. They will contiues being popular for quite long time.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 22:42:30 | 显示全部楼层
Here I'd like to give another point of view from me. I think classical music will lost its popularity in the future. Popular music is perhaps the most widespread cultural phenomenon in the world today, perhaps next after television. Almost all places where people gather informally - buying clothes, going to a cafe or a nightclub, you will hear pop music. Because the current world is becoming homogeneous, and the music you can hear in Beijing, you may also hear in London, in New York, in Rome, or in Tokyo. You may go to a cafe in the intellectual centre in  Beijing - and hear...pop music! Because of the information technology of today this music is flowing over every continent.

So what is it that I like about popular music? Why do I sit up at night writing and listening to this kind of music? My answer to these questions will be based on my personal experiences. I can make inferences only from what is going on in my own mind. Still I will attempt at giving a general outline of what I believe much of out contemporary music is doing and why it has such an appeal. But it should be kept clear that my philosophy is based on my own subjective experiences.

But I do not agree with those who believe that classical music is admirable or noble, while pop music in general belongs to a different category, and thus being less advanced, less cultivating than classical music. How easy is it to create high quality pop music? I have never seriously attempted to make a hit or song, to be played by a band, and I am not a composer. But I know something creative processes in general, through my work in writing. And I know that in general creative processes are tough and very demanding. It demands full concentration, and you must have a clear idea of what you want to create. Very few people are truly creative. Therefore, popular music are the real creative music.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 22:50:23 | 显示全部楼层
回答斑竹:
我对音乐的知识了解的比较少,就找些相关的背景资料(中文)了解,加上自己的看法最后翻译成英文,比如什么是正统音乐?西方的正统音乐引入我国所产生的影响、以及最近我们内地很多歌手把一些国内外的传统音乐戏剧用流行音乐的方法进行演绎并获得了很大的商业效果,这正是最近兴起的一种叫“pop音乐剧”或者叫流行音乐剧,有人说这是对正统音乐的被判。。。。。。
我想辩论就是大家要找处大量论据来支持论点,我虽然没有国内大专辩论会那种引经据典的水平,但是我找了一些关于流行音乐剧与正统音乐目前争论的热点介绍给大家,可能外语写的不怎么样,比较匆忙,还请斑竹斧正。

相关的论据是摘抄的,但是英语绝对是原创。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 22:52:39 | 显示全部楼层
Different people have different viewpoints on the problem whether the traditional music can be disappeared or not. Some insist that the market for traditional music will be thriving and prosperous, while others express the opposite idea. For I am a popular music listener, I agree with the latter.
  Firstly, and it is the most important reason. Most young people like to enjoy popular music such as rock music and hi-pop. They want to catch up with the step of society’s develop. Since many pop stars usually have their vocal concerts in different cities, idolaters come forth.  When more and more people turn to pop music, the market for traditional music fall into a decline.
  Secondly, Owing to rapid growth of digital music market and emergence of diverse high-tech music-listening devices, a traditional music market mostly based on the music record business is disintegrating.
  As far as I am concerned , I insist that the market for traditional music will die away in future.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 23:21:25 | 显示全部楼层
Many people say that traditional music will disappear in future, but I do not think so.
With the society development, digital music is more and more popular, but this is the truth only for the young. The old like traditional music more. We can see that a CCTV-11 channel is welcomed by many persons.

Traditional music is part of our national culture and has a long history, for example, zither (古筝) and flute (笛子)are very popular in many places of our country, especially in some country side.  At appearance electronic music is replacing our traditional one, but can we allow it to come true? Many able men are striving for broadening the influence in our society. They are respectable and we could not allow our excellent culture heritage dieing down from our hands.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-13 23:28:41 | 显示全部楼层
Obviously and indubitably, pop music of domestic or overseas is dominating our society. classic music can only be found in opera house and theater . moreover, there is a tendency that classic music is now completely giving its way to pop music. this maybe a disappointing phenomenon, but it does increasingly seem to be happening. reasons are as follows.

first, classic music requires much more techniques to be performed than pop music does. long and arduous training are needed for a person to become a classic music performer, which makes it hard for the public to get access to classic music.

second, classic music is much more sophisicated than pop music. while elements of history, techniques and heritage make classic music profound and serious, they are blocking the average person from appreciating them.

third, classic music possesses less personalities than pop music. unfortunately, young people of our age have a burning desire to differentiate themselves. pop music with more flexibility and quicker pace undoubtedly meets their requirements.
  all in all, it is inevitable for pop music to replace classic music as the mainstream of  music market. because, music is not for appreciation but for entertainment.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-6-14 09:06:40 | 显示全部楼层
活动结束~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 17:26 , Processed in 0.382790 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.