搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2106|回复: 21

[[小语种资源]] 第二十期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-7-8 15:32:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第二十期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

第二十期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,但不要少于200词。严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.每个会员只许发表一次。灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz,agldacheng

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

前言:自古即有头悬梁之说,方今,学生,科研工作者等诸多行业人士面临巨大压力,无不开夜车,加班加点。这样作多少会对身体健康有些伤害。那么,到底应该不应该如此做呢。请阐述自己观点,并给出理由。
辩论题目:是否应该熬夜

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-8 16:05:46 | 显示全部楼层
Do you always stay up? I am always having to  sit  up  late.I  think  it is  bad  to sit

up late at night.I think we should not  stay up.

Firstly,Staying up late makes me at my worst in terms of physical situation during

the  day.  it seems that  I  have  more  time  to  work. In fact  ,It is  wasting  my  time  

during  the  day. let's  calculate the  schooltime,you will  understand me  very well.It

is  10  hours  from 7:00 to 17:00  during the day,while  it is  only 5 hours from  19:00

to  24:00  . That's why  I  think  it  is  actually  wasting  time.  

secondly, Staying up late will  harm  your  body. you will fatigue  easily,your

immunity  lowering and so on.If  you are always staying up late,you will suffer a lot of

hangovers.The worst of all  is  stress and tiredness .

I don't have the habbit to stay up at night studying. But I usually have to do so .

I   am  not sure if I can endure it. Someone famous said: people have infinite

potentials that they themselves don't perceive. Who is he?  I am sure it isn't  me. I

hate  staying  up  late,and I  think I  should  enjoy  the  sweet  dream early.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-7-8 16:14:23 | 显示全部楼层
字数不足200,不与评分

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-8 17:25:37 | 显示全部楼层
Just as the old saying goes "early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise". It is obvious that staying up at night is not a good feeling. Maybe the habit is not good to body. Because this habit can make someone feel fatigue at daytime .If the physical situation lasts for a long time, it is becoming easily to get sick for the frail immunity .So people who have this habit should really pay attention to the life pattern. Perhaps some exercises are essential to hold a high spirit.
  However, maybe some people around us just have the kind of habit. Why? Maybe just as one coin has two sides. On the contrast, people can also benefit from the action of staying up if he usually experiences it .As the popular saying "with the time and patience, the leaf of mulberry becomes satin.”Staying up can have more time to work.
Maybe this action can yield more knowledge on which the young people can fall back in the future. So the people, especially the students in school, who expect to have a bright future not only stay up at night but also get up early in the morning.
  Maybe it is not easy to make a simple conclusion on the issue .But whether you have the habit or not, the most important thing should be memorized in mind .The one should always keep a good physical condition, never in the situation of fatigue.
After all health is priceless!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-8 19:45:59 | 显示全部楼层
Is it right to stay up all night?

As we all know ,staying up all night is bad for your health.So one may think that it is certainly not right to stay up.For health,there is no reason to stay up all night.For most of us,I agree with the answer.But for some people,I don't think so.

To answer this question,we should know why someone choose to stay up all night.Generally speaking,it is because we have something unfinished in the daytime to do.It is maybe our work,our study or just a game unfinished.For a programmer,staying up is frequently happened.Some students won't stop doing homework until 02:00 am.And a lot of game players stay up all night.For this kind of people,I think they should change the bad habit of staying up.Compared with the harmness to the health,money paid to a programmer is so little.Students staying up have not enough vigor to study in the daytime.And playing games all night is wrong without doubt.

But there is a kind of people who are not in this situation.For example,an experiment may last for a day or two.And scientists have to stay up all night in order to observe the whole process. They have no choice to select.And Evariste Galois,a mathematician,stayed up all night to finish his theory,for  he had to fight a duel with someone in the next morning.For this kind of people,I think it is right to stay up all night,because they have to.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-8 21:19:44 | 显示全部楼层
It is not good for one to stay up during the whole night. The main reasons are as following,

Firstly, to stay up in night do harm to people's health. People should have a normal living habits. That's is, working and studying are carried out in day time and having a rest in the night. The good living habits is good to your health. However, some youngers do not behave normally and stay up deep in night. It will make their body suffer from over-working. They may not feel anything bad because they are young. However, if they keep this bad habit, they will suffer from these when they become old.

Secondly, to stay up in night results in the inefficiency of working and studying. Some people
think they can work or study in night by themselves and they will make a progress. But, the opinions are wrong. The efficiency of working and studying deponds on the good living habits. If you stay deep in night working or studying, you will feel tired in day time. The invaluable day time - the good time of working is lost. In fact, work or study is inefficient.

Last, to stay up in night may have affected other peoples. If you are a student and live in
a college or university. You always meet that some students have a complaint that their roomate stay up in night. These unsleeping students may do some work or finish some assignments and stay up in night. However, their bad activities do affect their classmates. Hence, to stay deep in night is bad for both you and your roommates.

In a word, give up the bad habits of staying deep in night.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-8 21:35:08 | 显示全部楼层
I'm so behind on so many things - paperwork, apt cleaning, etc. I could really use an effective "all-nighter" to get done what I need to get done. Anyone have ideas on how I can legally, and relatively safely, stay up all night? To the best of my belief,I do not agree with sitting up.
Firstly, it has an bad effect on our health. Every one almost is used to going working in the day and sleeping at night. If you change this habit, many people are seasoned with this change and cause themselves tire.Thus gradually people who often sit up will bring all kinds of diseases.
Secondly , many tasks is not been successful accomplished. When you feel very tired,you wll have no energy to carefully work .You almost are in the bad mood..So,you have not confidence to achieve the task.
Now I hardly sit up ,although I all the same have much work every day. I always make full use of my daytime to fulfill my job. At night, I watch TV, take a walk with my family. Sometimes I summarize the work.
Of course, I can understand those people who often stay up all night. I suggest them pay attention to their health .If you sit up ,do not forget to eat some food, otherwise you will suffer from damnify .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 00:55:41 | 显示全部楼层
It is not good for one to stay up in the evening.

It is very normally to me to stayed up late ,I often thought myself is young, also may spell for several years, but the present question comes ,My body is continuously very healthy, often  make movement (played basketball) but in recently continuously to stay up late in the evening, after passed through severalth, suddenly second days got out of bed can think very wearily! As soon as closes my eyes wants to sleep! (Nearby on first stays up late feeling is different), moreover meets the backache , but also is good one when the evening come! Did not think this is a minor matter! According to the Chinese medicine view, is because of overworks creates in vivo organ masculine and feminine elements to be out of balance, is in vivo organ gets up the internal strife, mutually fights, finally creates the organ failure to die, therefore hoped you are not next!

Doctor suggested that,  it best goes to bed at 22:00, noon as far as possible rests (to take a nap for a hour , the young people one day at least rest for eight hours!the patient should early eats, before 6 and half o'clock , those does not eat the breakfast to be supposed to change the custom, even if tows to 9, 10 eats all compares does not eat. Midnight to 4 o'clock it is time that makes the blood in the vertebra, must sleep soundly, not suitably stays up late.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 00:56:14 | 显示全部楼层
Just yesterday's night, I said to my classmates" as a person born in 1980s, we all are unqualified to have some rest". If you notice the time I write this reply, you can find I'm staying now and will continue for a marverlous time.
Do I want to sleep, YEP! I also want to play some games then take some time for some gorgous dreams. But I can't , so many tasks waiting for me and it almost drive me mad.
generally, from my own experience and feeling about staying in night, I do believe only few people will do appreciate it just as I also know someone can get pleasure from pains of others or even themselves. WHO KNEW THE reason and I don't care. I just want to sleep now.
SO
staying up in the night is a phominon, is something undenible. pressure and pleaure are two reasons I can figure out when come to such quesition.
most people suffer from night job! so the conclusion is simple: we are not supposed to stand in the night; we do it just because we are out of choice.

Sincerely thank you for reading
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 08:30:10 | 显示全部楼层
When discussing whether we should do the work or study overtime, we can't talk about it independently without considering the conditions you are in.

For example, your company has a contract as the vendor side with another company, and the deadline is drawing, you are the person who's in charge of the manufacture or developing of the product. Under this condition, is it good to do a lot of extra work? That do depends! If the profit from the contract is great, and the delay of the contract will harm your reputation heavily, the best thing you need is to do extra work until you can meet the deadline. If it is only a small contract which will not bother you or your company a lot, then overtime work is not the first choice you need to do.

This is also the same for students. Whether sitting up deep into the night depends on the situation. Suppose there is an exam ahead in near future and you are not well prepared for it, what are you going to do, sitting up or not? Without the circumstance, you can not make the right decision! If the exam is very important, its score has great influence on your scholarship of the next term, or it is an ENROLLMENT TEST for a college you want to go to , then sit up please, make it as good as possible! However, if it’s only a small exam which is not a big deal, and you are preparing for those real important things, skipping it without those extra works which will exhaust you in a short while, keeping clear and high efficient all the time seems much more important. I bet you agree with me on that point!

Therefore we can come to the conclusion that talking about whether extra work after normal hours without a concrete circumstance is meaningless. Under different circumstances, extra work may become a silly choice, the best way or nothing good and nothing bad.

(about 330 words)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 09:39:15 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, to stay up late is not worthy of being recommended for the reason of working, even less worthy for playing. Yes, I really think so.

Firstly, it is well known that staying up late does harm to our health, and we all accept that health is the most valuable thing for ourselves, then, why do things that harm ourselves? It is not according to the common logic, and of course, it is not true to do so. In fact, people who always sit up all night are apt to be in a bad health state. We have many examples that many excellent people is dead when they are young for their bad health, and this leaves many regrets to the world.

Secondly, having many jobs to do is not a good excuse either for one who wants to take it as the reason to sit up late. I think most of people will agree that efficiency is more important than single time consuming in doing jobs. However, to stay up late makes one so tired that you even have to try your best to force yourself keep a little sober, not to speak of working efficiently. More badly, to sit up late consumes ones much energy, and our human's energy is not limitless, so you have to recover from the tiredness, and this will influence the following jobs, as a result that you have to sit up late again...In this way, you will be in a vicious circle. It is really a bad thing.

Thirdly, there are many people to sit up late not for jobs but for playing. The appropriate entertainment is good to people. But spending all night to play, this is not a good idea clearly. Do this can not amuse oneself never to say help doing jobs.

To sum up, sitting up late has many disadvantages without any benefits, we had better not do it.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 11:56:45 | 显示全部楼层
It is common that scientific&technical researches, students, doctors stay up late at night due to the great tension from their work and lives. but it is a pity that when asked about whether it is right to stay up at night or is it a healthy habit to sit up late, they often show their indifference and ignorance on it.

Actually, the danger of staying up at night has emerged for a long time. the number of intellectuals who suffer from high pressure, heart diseases, insomnia is increasing, the average life span of them is decreasing, more and more cases of intellectuals' sudden death are reported.  as one of intellectuals who always stay up late, i feel it is urgent to change the bad habit and my duty to warn all my peers to get an awareness of the harm of staying up at night.

An old saying goes "early to bed, early to rise makes one healthy" , staying up late at night has many disadvantages for the following reasons. first, staying up late at night do a great harm to people's health, it disturbs the body clock of human being and induces a lot of diseases. second, it makes people's work and study inefficient, after a long-hour-working, no one can still keep his or her mind clear and acute. third, it may bring troubles to someone else if you share a room with someone.

in the end, i am sorry to say that knowing these disadvantages, many intellectals may still  stay up late at night, because  too much pressure is on them, they have no choice. God save us, please!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 14:50:09 | 显示全部楼层
Absolutely it is not good to stay up late.
The expert pointed out that, staying up late will do harm to individual health. The biological clock of the men who often stay up all night long must experience frequent adjustment which is especially serious to the health. Men who often stay up late are easier to suffer from cancer. Staying up late will destroy the internal secretion and the nervous system of human body. Then men will be easy to feel weary and catch cold. Man can not brace his energies to work in the daytime, suffering from memory drops, slow reaction, and headache. In the next day you will be dizzy, unable to concentrate your attention. Your eyes are overtired when you stay up late, the black eye-sockets will appear the next day, and it makes you look just like a panda. If for some certain reason you must stay up late. Remember: you must eat hot things, even if a bowl of hot instant noodle or hot milk. You must pay attention to maintaining warmth, specially the belly. And you must drink enough water, staying up late makes the body lack of water very much. When staying up late, the oxygen requirement of the cerebrum can increase, so it is seasonable to make frequent deep breathing. After all don’t stay up late when it is not necessary.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 16:21:45 | 显示全部楼层
I think it is bad for our health if we always sit up.

Firstly, there must be a lot of reasons in daily life for us to stay up all night. Nowadays, with the development of economy, our society has become more and more efficient. If you do not finish what you should complete today, you will lose something. Then, you act as this day by day, and you will lose your job. Because nobody like being delayed. So, we must go all out to do what we can even we can not. Many people go back home to go on with their work if they do not finish their work in daytime. This result in sitting up. In a lot of company, for some skilled work, daytime is not enough to finish the work, rather that rookies? But employees do not care about this. They only care about your achievement. So, we always use our body to earn money when we are young, and we will exchange our money for our body when we are old.

Seconly, we should realize that if we always stay up late, our health will be a great problem. Because nobody is superman. A lot of problems will happen due to sitting up. You will feel sleepy tomrrow if you stay up tonight. Then you will have no enough energy to go on with your work. So you will not finish your work in daytime. And you must go back home to go on with your work. Now, a vicious circle happens. Our organs have their own working mechanism. If you detroy them, some diseases will visit you. So, if you want to be healthy, please do not stay up if it is not necessary.  

All in all, in our daily life, there must be some reasons to stay up. For us, if you think it is necessary, just do it. But you should realize its harm.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-9 17:47:24 | 显示全部楼层
The topic is on whether one should stay up late or not. As everyone knows, to stay up late does harm to one's health, and leads to low work efficiency tomorrow. In addition, to stay up late affects others, in particular when one is lived with other one in one room. In general, to stay up late is a bad habit. In fact, to discuss such a topic is meanless if no specific conditions are provided. The case below is an example. Whether one should stay up late or not depends on the given conditions.

One day a person was badly ill, was sent to hospital in the night. If the sick was not effectively operated in a short time, he would be dead. If you are a surgeon at that case, what will you do? Will you choose to work or go to sleep? Certainly, I am sure most of us will do our best to arrive at the hospital even if he or she is at on leave, and to save a life. For a doctor, such cases is too many, so he always has to stay up late. Although as a doctor, he knows that to stay up late is not good for his health, he choose to give up sleeping to save a life rather than to continue to sleep, when he is faced with a severe patient. Hence, he surely said he should if one was asked whether one should stay up late or not in this case.

In general, to stay up late should not be advocated. But whether one should stay up late depends on the specific condition.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-7-9 18:48:33 | 显示全部楼层
大家继续吧
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-10 02:54:13 | 显示全部楼层
As for overtime stay up, different people will give different reason for staying up in the night. However, all agree on one point, long-time staying up will inevitably damage the health of the individual who are used to stay up.

Well, what is staying up? According to the normal bioclock of people, people are supposed to sleep at least 8 hours per day, but the high efficiency time is different for different individual. Basically, no one recommend people work after 12am except shift worker. Therefore a descriptive definition of staying up appears: work or play overtime in the night, usually after 12am.

The issue is if we are supposed to work overnight if the workload is overwhelming. For me, I will say, yes, but for good health-keeping, no. How can I resolve the dilemma? Sometimes, the workload is so heavy that everybody in our research group have no option but work overnight as late as 2am or up to dawn. Also the library in our school is open overnight through the academic year not only for students but also for researchers who need reading overtime. Because I am a chemist, I might need to do kinetic research for polymerization. While many people might not know, polymer chemist is scared by kinetic research due to the long-time observation such as 2 to 3 days without little rest. So if the work need my contribution, I will contribute my effort to it.

However, if it is avoidable, I will try my best to minimize the time in overtime work at night. According to bioclock principles, people will generally show minimum efficiency when they are sleepy from midnight to sunrise. The best way to avoid the overtime work at night is good planning in advance, don't start or change your mind at the last minute if unnecessary. Thus you will not need to work too frequently overnight for your project or examination.

In brief, I am strongly against overtime work at night, but somehow I will do it if absolutely necessary for research or exam.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-10 07:58:44 | 显示全部楼层
     In modern society, to stay up become more and more prevalent, such as my Guangzhou classmate often say their life in night, they play to 2 AM and sleep to 10 AM, meanwhile more and more student study in all night and sleep in daylight, but I think that to stay up is bad for your health.
    I often stay up for study or internet and so on in past, next day my body feel to bad, as catch a cold, I regain energy to need long time, when the body become weakness, it is becoming easily to get sick.
    I feel that the many people do not like to stay up in any situation, they are stay up for work or study, in modern society, competition become more and more intension, if you want to survive in modern society, then you must take pains to work or study more knowledge. For me, I am a teacher, I work 15 hours in everyday for students, it is very bitterness, I do not want to this bitterness, but I must take pains to work, or else I will lose this a work.
    There are a word “The Second Health” in modern society, I think that to stay up can cause “The Second Health”, so, for our health, we are supposed to go to bed early.
回复

使用道具 举报

jianghu-1982 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-7-10 13:11:41 | 显示全部楼层
When it comes to whether one should stay up late or not, although different people have different attitude, the majority thought that staying up late have lots of disadvantages, such as, to stay up late does harm to one's health; to stay up late results in low work efficiency next day; to stay up late affects others, when one shared a room with others, and so on. It seems that their reasons sound like reasonable, but they may neglect one thing that some people must stay up late under some special conditions.

One example for those who must stay up late is our army. As is known to all, the attack usually happened at night, if our army did not stay up late at night, they would have lost the war.

Another example is that some doctors must stay up late, if a person was badly hurt or ill at night, when the patient was sent to the hospital while the doctor were all asleep, you can imagine what will happen.

The third example is that some scientists or researchers must stay up late. For example, if astronomers wanted to watch some star or some galaxy, they would not gain what they wanted if they did not stay up late.

Maybe there are more examples to illustrate that some people must stay up late under special conditions, but I think that the above examples are typical and convictive.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-10 13:43:19 | 显示全部楼层
Whether we should stay up late or not, Different people have different attitudes to this question, some people like work or study all night, they think they can learn more knowledge, but others think stay up late is a bad choose, as far as I am concerned, I agree with the later opinion--- it is not good to stay up late.

Firistly, to stay up late does great harm to one's health, As everyone knows,” early to bed, early to rise makes one healthy”, yes, it is true indeed.  it is said,  Men who often stay up late are easier to suffer from cancer, Staying up late will destroy the internal secretion and the nervous system of human body. He will be easy to feel weary and catch cold How serious! So we should know health is the first place, we must cherish our good health.

Secondly, if we stay up too late at night, it will lead to low work efficiency the next day. we will be dizzy, unable to concentrate your attention on our work or study. because after a long-hour-working, no one can still keep his mind clear and acute all daytime. I think efficiency is more important than only time consuming in working or studying.

Thirdly, to stay up too late in night may be affect other peoples. if you lived with your classmates or colleagues together, may be you can not get along well with them because you stay late, you will lose many good friends at last.

In word, it is not good to stay up late in night. At the same time I suggest those people who stay up too late in night should pay more attention to their health.

that is all, thanks a lot.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:35 , Processed in 0.479033 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.