注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
楼主: myfmyf

[[原创地带]] [听力单词]每日一听

[复制链接]
登录 该用户已被删除
发表于 2004-7-26 18:22:04 | 显示全部楼层
This is Phoebe Zimerman with the VOA Special English Health Report.

People who are hit by lightning and survive often have long-term effects. These may include memory loss, sleep disorders,muscle pain and depression.

Experts tell people to seek the safety of a building or a hard-top vehicle any time they hear thunder, even if it is not raining. They say lightning can strike as far as sixteen kilometers from any rainfall. Lightning can travel sideways. And at least ten percent of lightning happens without any clouds overhead that you can see.

People who are outdoors should make sure they are not the tallest thing around. Bend low to the ground, but do not lie down. And do not stand near a tree or any tall object. Get away from water and anything made of metal. A car is safe, but do not touch any metal inside.

Safety experts say people in buildings should stay away from anything with wires or pipes that lead to the outside. The National Weather Service says if you plan to disconnect any electronic equipment, do so before the storm arrives. Do not use a wired telephone. Do not use water. All these can carry electricity.

Some people think a person struck by lighting carries an electrical charge afterward. Experts say this is false. It is safe to begin emergency treatment.

Each year about 400 people in the United States are struck by lightning. Last year 44 people died. The average is close to 70. The National Weather Service says that is more than are killed by severe storms.

Lightning is a release of energy in the sky. So what causes it? During a storm, the normally neutral particles in clouds hit each other. They become electrically charged. As they flow toward each other, they form an electric spark of light.

Some lightning is created within clouds. Some is created between clouds. And some is created when negative charges move down from the base of a cloud to meet positive charges rising from Earth.

Lightning strikes carry one or more electrical discharges called strokes. The bright light seen in a flash of lightning is called a return stroke. Return strokes travel at the speed of light. They discharge about one hundred million volts of electricity. They heat the air to more than thirty-three thousand degrees Celsius. Air heated by return strokes expands and produces the sound of thunder.

This VOA Special English Health Report was written by Nancy Steinbao.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-27 08:38:49 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢登录提供的听力文本!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-27 08:44:41 | 显示全部楼层
7月27日听力:

[rm]http://language.chinadaily.com.cn/dialogue/voa/normal/2004/07/0725.rm[/rm]
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-27 10:21:03 | 显示全部楼层
大家有机会还是多听听练练,滴水穿石的道理大家可都是很清楚的哟,那就运用到实践中吧!
回复

使用道具 举报

登录 该用户已被删除
发表于 2004-7-27 10:36:34 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用myfmyf于2004-07-27 8:38 AM发表的 :
谢谢登录提供的听力文本!

??

辛苦听来,无辜被告

天理无存
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-27 10:49:52 | 显示全部楼层
7月25日听力文本:
HEALTH REPORT - Lightning Safety
By Nancy Steinbach

This is Phoebe Zimmermann with the VOA Special English Health Report.

People who are hit by lightning(闪电)and survive often have long-term effects. These may include memory loss, sleep disorders(睡眠障碍,失眠), muscle pain and depression.

Experts tell people to seek the safety of a building or a hard-top(有金属顶盖的) vehicle any time they hear thunder, even if it is not raining. They say lightning can strike as far as sixteen kilometers from any rainfall. Lightning can travel sideways. And at least ten percent of lightning happens without any clouds overhead that you can see.

People who are outdoors should make sure they are not the tallest thing around. Bend low to the ground, but do not lie down. And do not stand near a tree or any tall object. Get away from water and anything made of metal. A car is safe, but do not touch any metal inside.

Safety experts say people in buildings should stay away from anything with wires or pipes that lead to the outside. The National Weather Service says if you plan to disconnect any electronic equipment, do so before the storm arrives. Do not use a wired telephone. Do not use water. All these can carry electricity.

Some people think a person struck by lighting carries an electrical charge afterward. Experts say this is false. It is safe to begin emergency treatment.

Each year about 400 people in the United States are struck by lightning. Last year 44 people died. The average is close to 70. The National Weather Service says that is more than are killed by severe storms.

Lightning is a release of energy in the sky. So what causes it? During a storm, the normally neutral particles(粒子) in clouds hit each other. They become electrically charged. As they flow toward each other, they form an electric spark of light.

Some lightning is created within clouds. Some is created between clouds. And some is created when negative charges(负电荷) move down from the base of a cloud to meet positive charges(正电荷) rising from Earth.

Lightning strikes carry one or more electrical discharges(放电)called strokes. The bright light seen in a flash of lightning is called a return stroke(回击). Return strokes travel at the speed of light. They discharge about one hundred million volts of electricity. They heat the air to more than thirty-three thousand degrees Celsius. Air heated by return strokes expands and produces the sound of thunder.

This VOA Special English Health Report was written by Nancy Steinbach. This is Phoebe Zimmbermann.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-27 10:56:33 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用登录于2004-07-27 10:36 AM发表的 :

??

登录的听力着实让我佩服,很抱歉,错怪你了!

Here is one point for your careful listening!

ps:建议登录有空到新手园地参加新手知识问答,很容易得到威望的!
谢谢你的积极参与!多多交流哟!
回复

使用道具 举报

登录 该用户已被删除
发表于 2004-7-27 11:04:26 | 显示全部楼层
This is Phoebe Zimmbermann

this is not exist in the tape

and my spelling of names are not  correct.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-27 11:11:01 | 显示全部楼层
名字的听写常用的对了就可以了,不常用的即使错了也没有任何关系的!:)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-7-27 15:20:10 | 显示全部楼层
登录也在泸江混吧?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-27 16:49:59 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用枫子轩于2004-07-27 3:20 PM发表的 :
登录也在泸江混吧?

登录听力我真的很佩服,有空勤来来提提建议,和大家多多交流哟!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-7-27 22:30:19 | 显示全部楼层
哈,是我认识的说
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-7-28 08:45:06 | 显示全部楼层
7月27日每日一听文本:

Democrats Gather in Boston for Presidential Nomination Convention
Stephanie Ho

Delegates from the Democratic Party are gathering in the northeastern U.S. city of Boston, for a four-day convention that culminates(告终、完结)with Senator John Kerry accepting the party's nomination for president.

Security is the main concern of convention organizers, who are hosting more than 4,000 party delegates from around the country and U.S. territories, as well as a small group of American expatriates(移居国外者)from overseas and top party leaders, including members of Congress and ex-presidents.

A security perimeter(周界线)has been set up around the Fleet Center, in central Boston, where the convention is being held. Visitors are required to go through security checkpoints(检查站)and show identification. A special fenced-in area has been set up near the convention hall for protesters.

The convention starts Monday. Each of the four nights will highlight different themes the Democratic Party hopes to emphasize.

Highlighted speakers include former Democratic Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, as well as former presidential candidate Al Gore. The party's nominee for president, John Kerry, addresses the convention Thursday.

Presumptive(假定的)vice-presidential nominee John Edwards speaks to the convention Wednesday night. He told ABC television's This Week, that he and Mr. Kerry plan to emphasize their goal of uniting the country.

"It seems to me, the responsibility of a president and a vice president is to try to bridge those very difficult gaps, and to unite the country, instead of using them as a political tool to divide the country, which is exactly what John and I want to do," said Senator Edwards. "I think I understand at the deepest level what these folks care about. They want their leaders to be good people, that's what they really want."

Meanwhile, Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy, who is Mr. Kerry's senior colleague from Massachusetts in the U.S. Senate, said he is glad to see the convention taking place in his hometown, Boston.

"I am looking forward [to it]. I love Boston. This is where eight of my grandparents came into Boston in 1848. This is the place my grandfather represented in the Congress. He was the mayor of this city. My brother represented it. So, I am proud of Boston. Im proud of my roots. I am proud of the role that Boston played in American history," [said Senator Kennedy.]

The Democratic National Convention is taking advantage of the Internet to bring the proceedings to people who cannot attend in person, with live Webcasts from the convention floor and live interactive Web-chats with Democratic leaders. Also, for the first time, the organizers have granted media credentials(信任状,证书)to people who write "blogs." The term is short for Web log (广播日志; 旅行日记)which refers to journal-type entries that are publicly posted on the Internet.

The convention is held once every four years, prior to a U.S. presidential election. The Republican Party will hold a similar meeting next month in New York.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:53 , Processed in 0.344456 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.