注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2087|回复: 3

[[原创地带]] Scofield Is Gone, but He Is Still Living in My Heart

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-1-8 13:35:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Scofield Is Gone, but He Is Still Living in My Heart

Nearly half a year ago, I wrote a short article about my feeling on a very famous TV series --- PB, for its reaching to the end. And now, for posting an original article for readfree.net of English region, I renew the whole article and in order to share my thoughts to all of the readfree.net members.

PB (stands for Prison Break that is a very hot TV series among us Chinese College students before 2010) reaches to the end of its episode IV. PB tells a story that a younger brother wants to save his elder brother's life in prison, and he has to break out of the prison; thus, the story goes on with the theme---saving the one we care and we love. The only a word, in PB, often appears is \"Running\". In my point of view, Scofield and his fellows run and run and run for many years, and what they have to do is to prove themselves are innocent. Firstly, they run out of the prison in Fox River; secondly, the run out of the hunt of Kellerman and Alex; Thirdly, the prison of Panama; Fourly, the COMPANY, etc. They just run and run and run, at last, they are completely free, and, luckily, there is no need for them to play the hide-and-seek at last. Today (5.18,2009) is the day to witness Scofield and his pals being freed from insecurity and fearfulness, and they have a chance to live like us normally.

However, when I am hearing the music (Lay it Down Slow sung by Spiritualized) and watching the pictures of the last chapter of PB, I can't say a word, a sentence or a paragraph to sum up the main idea of it, actually no word can replace my feeling. When I know that Scofield is buried in the mud, and his friends feel sorrow about his death, I can't help crying (or in another way of saying, tears are rolling in my eyes). I feel sorry about his death, and I also feel sorry about the past time of myself, especially the memory of my life for my undergraduate. I still remember Kevin Zhang (a friend of mine) first introduced the episode to me, and then I burned the mid-night oil to watch the first episode. I still remember how I chase every chapter of PB, and so on and so forth.

How time flies! My college life as a postgraduate also nearly reached to the end, how I can survive in the future is still a puzzle. “Life is like a box of chocolate, and you’ll never know what gonna get”. Maybe I have to review PB again, and I could recall what I have done during these years. While watching, maybe I could learn something more, not only enjoy the plots of PB, but also obtain positive consciousness from it. I hope all of you can spare some time to review PB in the coming winter holidays.

PS: Song lyrics of Lay it Down Slow

Spiritualized

If you got dreams in your heart

Why don't you share them with me?

And if dreams don't come true

I'll make sure that you're nightmares are through

If you got pain in your heart

Why don't you share it with me?

And we'll just wait and see

If it's happened what it used to be

And lay it down slow

Lay it down free

Lay it down easy

But lay it on me

If you've got love in your heart

Why don't you keep it with mine?

I can't promise a miracle

But I'll always be trying

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-12-27 11:12:10 | 显示全部楼层
back up for you
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-12-28 09:44:53 | 显示全部楼层
good point, keep sharing your feeling!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-12-29 23:04:14 | 显示全部楼层
Because I love The Shawshank Redemption very much ,I watch PB. But I only like its episode I actually.
By the way ,the song is euphonious,I also like it .
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 03:21 , Processed in 0.314333 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.