搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2208|回复: 24

[[小语种资源]] 第十三期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-6-2 00:40:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第十三期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

辩论题目:中国现阶段会武力收复台湾吗?

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 11:10:35 | 显示全部楼层
       I think that China must will back out of TaiWan in future,but China never use violence.because the war bring much pain,such as,the relationship will die or separate, economy will become depression, society will stop development
       I think that Chinese is a very intellect,China never use violence to back out of TaiWan, because ,firstly,China is developing country in the world, economy is not strongly,even economic development is a very lag in some province, if China would launch the war,the war bring paralysis in economy, the people will become thriftier and thriftier in life.the life like fifty or sixty era,such as eat cake, the cake is make of maize,it have not menu nothing but soup or the soup is water, under the environment,it is terrible. Secondly,the war can separate relation、friend and so on.if the war would begin, some people take part in this war, a lot of people leave and separate home in the time,a lot of people will die during war, their relation will lose their forever,this pain is very macabre, the pain can not undergo.
       If lot of people do not agree my opinion. Then they look at Iraq now. some Iraq people have a greatly pain in life.
      The war bring much pain for children,it have a great influence in chindren heart.
So I think that China never use violence to back out of TaiWan
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 12:37:30 | 显示全部楼层
This topic is so realistic, and it is the main topic we are concernd on.
    I  think China will carry out violent policy only if the peaceful way does not work, although most of us do not want to see this status.Our government is being strengthening our army in all aspects.As for air force, a  lot  of new-designed or imported airplanes are equiped. Some advanced missles have formed battle effectiveness.As for navy, many new chasers and submarines are launched. All of these are prepared for the coming battle of Taiwan if they decalre their independence.
     Our leaders always try peaceful means before resorting to force. If the peaceful way works, all of our country will  be in happy atmophere.Our military committee is composed of some hawksih men. Although they can not make the decision, but at least, they can influence the decision at most. Of course,we can  not pin our hope on the authorities of Taiwan. They are duffs. They only care their own interests. In their mind,the people's interests are nothing.Their slogans are just their tools for voting.
     Nowadays, Americans are busy with affairs of Iran. They do not have enough time and energy to pay attention to Taiwan.So, I think this is a good chance. Even if Americans are engaged in our unionizing projects, we have enough energy and spirits to make them suffer heavy expenses which they can not imagine.
     At present, some authorities of Taiwan go on with their selfish career. I think it's time to show them something such as death.Pain of long time is worse than pain of short time.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 13:04:51 | 显示全部楼层
I believe that China will not consider to take Taiwan over by force at current stage.

This issue has been used as a main political topic between mainland China and Taiwain, and also often affects relations among USA, Japan , China and even some Asian countries.

Any attemp to using force to take Taiwan over needs a supportive condition at right time.  No country will allow seperation, but so far because Taiwan is not an independent country recognised by UN,  trying all kinds of peacefull ways to achieve unification is the best choice and will be well accepted by public or neighbouring countries.

Considerring China's current economic success and coming 2008 Olympic Games,  this is definitely not good time to push the two sides to a war to solve this historic problem.
But, I will support China to use force to take Taiwan over under no circumstances if Taiwain declare independence.  I think this would be China's bottom line to deal with any party.  

If it really happens(Taiwan declare independence),  Taiwan so-called backup support Uncle Sam will be very careful to what going to react.  Because the Yankees know China is a giant in the world not just another country like Iraq, We, Chinese is  unbeatable.

China will reunify Taiwain sooner or later even might have to use force.  But at least now, no one expect a war to get that as it is not worth of sacrificing too much of what we have today.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 13:13:52 | 显示全部楼层
I believe that China will not consider to take Taiwan over by force at current stage.

This issue has been used as a main political topic between mainland China and Taiwain, and also often affects relations among USA, Japan , China and even some Asian countries.

Any attemp to using force to take Taiwan over needs a supportive condition at right time.  No country will allow seperation, but so far because Taiwan is not an independent country recognised by UN,  trying all kinds of peacefull ways to achieve unification is the best choice and will be well accepted by public or neighbouring countries.

Considerring China's current economic success and coming 2008 Olympic Games,  this is definitely not good time to push the two sides to a war to solve this historic problem.
But, I will support China to use force to take Taiwan over under no circumstances if Taiwain declare independence.  I think this would be China's bottom line to deal with any party.  

If it really happens(Taiwan declare independence),  Taiwan so-called backup support Uncle Sam will be very careful to what going to react.  Because the Yankees know China is a giant in the world not just another country like Iraq, We, Chinese is  unbeatable.

China will reunify Taiwain sooner or later even might have to use force.  But at least now, no one expect a war to get that as it is not worth of sacrificing too much of what we have today.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 13:34:50 | 显示全部楼层
As far as I am concerned, I think our Central Government will not take back the territory of Taiwan by force. The main factors are considered as following:

Firstly, the people of Taiwan are our dear compatriots. How can we fight with our family ! If a
battle is triggerred, our people will suffer from pains of injuries and lost of families. Therefore, only one reasonble solution shoud be peafully talking between the two sides.

Secondly, the international competitions of every country are mainly focused on the economy, and the battle is the last means to take. It will waste lots of money of our country. As we all know, the current guideline of the Central Government is to develop the economy and to improve the comprehensive national power. The final goal is to better the living level of our citizens. These imply that the battle won't break.

Last, The return of Hong Kong SAR and Macao SAR demonstrats that peaful solution is feasible. The people still live their life as usual. The  flourishing scenery can not be brought by a cruel battle.

In a word, our Central Government will not adopt military measure to solve the problem of Taiwan.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 14:30:30 | 显示全部楼层

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 14:43:22 | 显示全部楼层
The topic of our debate is weather China will take Taiwan back in recent years by force. I would rather to say: no, with the precondition that Taiwan do not declare independence. Why should I say that? As we all know Taiwan is on part of China. But someone in the island don't think so. They disregard the history of Taiwan and the origin of the people on the island. Some of them take themselves as foreigners to the mainland and the others go more farther, they think they are the offspring of the Japanese.  Some American politicians talk about the Uncertainty of Taiwan's Status. Their purpose is to break up China and make Taiwan an independent country.But we should know these people are in the minority. Most people in Taiwan and in the world admit the fact that we are one nation. So if we reoccupy the island by force there must be lots of inculpable people embroiled in the war. And we must think about the international consensus of peace. And the US Navy is now cruising in the Taiwan Strait, that is a fact. Of course we Chinese PLA is afraid of nothing.If the leaders of Democratic Progressive Party and the Taiwanese dare to declare independence, we will annihilate them in 24 hours, absolutely!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 18:15:42 | 显示全部楼层
Although it is a topic over my head to argue whether China will take Taiwan over by force at current stage, I still believe that China remain the idea of using force.

For instance, some one, who is not aware that he  is not welcome here, is boasting everything about himself. In fact, he is nothing but an idiot. Why members here has not drove him out?

Taiwan is in the same position.  On one hand, it is puffing itself by absurd means using falsification. On the other hand, it has to beg the U.S to support it. In fact, Taiwan is in a awkard situation now. First, it has realized that a great potion of its people on its side is not wholehearted. Such as it is because the prestige that some people complete the issue. Second, it knows definitly that the  U.S won't give all-sided aid if the war opened.

All in all, China will not take Taiwan over by force, not because China afraid of something, but since there is no need to do that.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 19:20:05 | 显示全部楼层
I don't think the mainland will get back Taiwan by force by now. My reasons are as follows.
Firstly, peace is good for everyone , not only for Chinese , but also for foreigners.
Secondly, Taiwan is a matter of internal business of Chinse, Chinese are not bellicose.
Thirdly, Taiwan can be saved.

Thanks!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 20:13:14 | 显示全部楼层
There are two distinct standpoints on whether Taiwan problem will be solved in a violent way at current stage or not. In my opinion, our central government will not employ violence to solve Taiwan problems at current stage. There are some reasons.

1. Loving peace is a tradtion of our national people in all ages. Since ancientry to live in a peace and flourishing world without war is a objective that our people are looking farward to and striving for. So the solution by a nonviolent means is consiered to a best one when some dissension occurs. Hence the war is what the people on Tainwan, the people in mainland, and all Chinese people all over the world are unwilling to see.

2. At the current stage, although the political seperation Taiwan from mainland exists, the relation in both economic and trading aspect has been countless. The people on the sides of Taiwan strait has treats each others as household. So the war will hurt the feeling of the people on both sides.

3. Our country has made rapid and great progress in economics since our country was open in 1979. But the economics will back up, and fruits of hard working of all the people will be destroyed once the war take place.

However, we must insist that there be only one China all over the world. Anyone, who wants to seperate Taiwan from our motherland, will be punished by all the Chinese, no matter what it will cost.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 20:22:11 | 显示全部楼层
There are two distinct standpoints on whether Taiwan problem will be solved in a violent way at current stage or not. In my opinion, our central government will not employ violence to solve Taiwan problems at current stage. There are some reasons.

1. Loving peace is a tradition of our national people in all ages. Since ancientry to live in a peace and flourishing world without war is a objective that our people are looking forward to and striving for. So the solution by a nonviolent means is considered to a best one when some dissension occurs. Hence the war is what the people on Tainwan, the people in mainland, and all Chinese people all over the world are unwilling to see.

2. At the current stage, although the political separation Taiwan from mainland exists, the relation in both economic and trading aspect has been countless. The people on the sides of Taiwan strait have treats each others as household. So the war will hurt the feeling of the people on both sides.

3. Our country has made rapid and great progress in economics since our country was open in 1979. But the economics will back up, and fruits of hard working of all the people will be destroyed once the war take place.

Hence, our central government will not solve Taiwan problem by force at current stage. However, we must insist that there be only one China all over the world. Anyone, who wants to separate Taiwan from our motherland, will be punished by all the Chinese, no matter what it will cost.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-2 20:55:42 | 显示全部楼层
Although politicians often manipulate the public sentiment by irrational propoganda, concerning the managerial level of politics, i.e., that level which only some elites can participate, rationality is always domonant. Thus anyone who knows something about the so-called game theory should not believe in the possibility of war between mainland China and Taiwan. The reason behind is very simple. For CCP in the mainland, the independence of Taiwan is intolerable; however, the status quo is tolerable. peaceful division is worse than violent unification, but peaceful unification, or peaceful division in reality is nevertheless better than violent unification. In contrast, for those who hope Taiwan to be independent, peaceful unification is worse than violent division, but the status quo is also tolerable and better than violent division. So for both sides, given that both peaceful unification and peaceful independence is not realistic, the status quo is better than a war, no matter what the result of war will be. So in the short run, the rational decision of both sides is to keep in peace, as long as none of them taks irrational action first. The President of Republic of China, Chen Shuibian, although used to be a hard-liner of Taiwan independence mvement, is just an opportunitist in my eyes. Even from the perspective of the fundamentalists of Taiwan independence, he is just a politician but not a stateman, i.e., he is not expected to do things that will change the next generation.

In the long-run, the things are just simpler. Given the increasing tendency the military power of mainland China, Taiwan will never be able to rival in the military aspect. Without any consideration economic developement and democratic progress in mainland, only military imbalance is quite enough to diminish the possibility of division. In that case, of course no war will be waged, because no one can expect more profit in a war than in any kind of possible peaceful solution.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-3 01:13:45 | 显示全部楼层
The military force regains Taiwan is not a time

I frequently saw  many views about the war of Taiwan sea at each big website forum , looked like in multitudinous netfriends, China already had  optimum condition and the opportunity to regained Taiwan . Actually otherwise, ancient times determining factor of a war victory and defeat including three parts: Weather advantage and person sum.

Obviously the first two conditions we all already tallied, now Taiwan Straits initiative in our hand, so long as for us the advantageous time we said when hit can when hit. This is precisely the so-called weather. But benefits us also is occupies the completely superiority, Taiwan facing the mainland islands, the military target completely exposes in under the mainland firepower attack scope, really must play singles also is several day-long matters. Does not have America and Japan to interfere Taiwan is simply does not have the ability to go against lives the mainland the attack. Then since front two important factors already had

Why does  the Chinese Communist Party begun slowly, the main reason is the Chinese Communist Party most worries and the most deficient person, perhaps many net friends ask, now the Chinese in the Taiwan problem also the insufficient unity, also some Chinese did say Taiwan may not be unified? Yes, the Chinese understands the unity very much, but that all is relates the nationality, national life or death time. But the Chinese present stage is being in the reform the most important stage, faced with the question too are really many too complex:The corruption and degeneration, the will of the people is indifferent, the official bandit colludes with, good faith crisis, medical reform, education question, These questions all possibly erupt war of in the Taiwan sea, at that time Chinese Communist Party internal disorder and foreign invasions (America and Japan). To win the Taiwan sea war indeed is not that easy, at least is the present.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-3 10:17:15 | 显示全部楼层
Can affirm , require military force recover people of Taiwan the majority is a patriot , they do not hope to lose Taiwan . There is no anything that is absolute. Positions are different, the interests are different, purposes are different. Unite all strength that can be united. Taiwan can come back peacefully best , there is Chinese both sides . Advocate the peaceful reunification, unless Taiwan announces the independence, otherwise not use military force to Taiwan , a real patriot.
    The unity and fullness of safeguarding the motherland are every of Chinese sons and daughters' hope. During the process of objecting to independence of Taiwan, analysis international situation and various kinds of balances of force that we should be calm, really run safeguarding the reunification of the motherland into a very good thing which is favorable to Chinese nation. Recover the Taiwanese key and does not lie in Taiwan oneself , but U.S.A.. If military force recover after the Taiwan, within one period very much difficult to find the friend in Southeast Asia. We know , the diplomacy of the country , military core are the question of " money ", in such cases, diplomatic in our country, the military affairs must do great adjustment , this one heavy burden to of our country economy, military force recover the Taiwan unable preventing from and U.S.A. front military conflict, even unable to avoid it to once area the World War of U.S.A. , Japan and Korea S., until developing into the world war.
   Taiwanese is originally a Chinese compatriot, really unified and will be left each other's psychology the estrangement that can't be filled in forever through the military force. Through economic power, make Taiwan draw close independently, Taiwan Issue can not indefinite delay go down , never give up and use the military force to solve the Taiwan issue.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-3 10:39:38 | 显示全部楼层
I am glad that most friends admit that Our Central Government will not adopt military force to
solve the historic problem of Tainwan. But I don't agree that the main reasons depend on
international envirenment and military power, seeing the points of Mr. Deltoid ( at above floor).

Firstly, the people of Taiwan came from the same origin as ours. Do you think it is possible for
two brothers to fight to death. Most people of Taiwan have relations with our citizens of the
Mailand. If a battle is proposed to take place, there will be opposite appeal from our citizens.
The military action will not get the support of the people.

Secondly, I also admit that the force of internation powers has restrict on the guideline of Our
Central Government. However, our Central Government always insist that we must not be affected by external compression.  It is our people that our Central Government consider to give up military solution.

Last, it is a main international topic to develop the economy of one courtry. Battles are not good solution to solve the confict. The economic power has a strong potiential power on the internation relationship.

Based on the above points, I think the possible of military action on Taiwan tends to zero.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-3 11:24:02 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, except for Taiwan's announcing its independence, our nation is not going to retrieve the sovereignty of Taiwan on the occasion, although Taiwan is one of the most important questions for us.
To begin with, our nation now has many other important problems to solve, which are also critical for the long stability of our country. For example, the high price of real estate, the broadening gap between the rich and the poor, the press of exchange rate from US, etc. Any of the problem need the ruler to treat carefully, otherwise, serious society problems may be caused, and they can influence the unity of people. Without the unity, how can we win a war certainly?
Secondly, to win a war need the times firstly. I, personally, think the current time is not a good one for reoccupying Taiwan with unpeaceful way. The corruptions of the political circles have been exposed to the people recently in Taiwan, and even they have relations with Chen ShuiBian, however, the political situation in Taiwan is far away from a good time to reconquer it. The society of Taiwan is not full of conflicts at the moment, we might as well wait a better one.
Lastly, We should try our best to retrieve Taiwan in a peaceful way. Apart from Taiwan's open defiance with us, I do not think we need to have a war with Taiwan now. After all, the Beijing Olympics Game is coming, and war must have a bad influence on it. If Taiwan do not change the state actively, why we change it actively now? We should realize that Taiwan's return depends on how strong of our country's integrated strength, but not just on military.
回复

使用道具 举报

ozhq 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-6-3 16:33:47 | 显示全部楼层
I approved vigorously the military force to retrieve the Taiwan authority.

The military force regains Taiwan, needs the big wisdom, big breadth of spirit, with very just method. Are bewildered the extreme hatred Taiwan authority to the mainland government and 1.3 billion people, is advancing gradually the type to have the plan according to the step implementation Taiwan independence route. Facing serious situation, If China again looks on its development, late Qing dynasty fading potential in the beginning of mainland present. The American politicians as if already recognized this point.

The American politicians' not spare a glance to my country sovereignty despise the manner and the words and deeds, seriously has already harmed the Chinese nation the self-respect and the integrity of sovereignty which has obtained since 1949. The Taiwan independence rampant activity has seriously disturbed the motherland peaceful unification great undertaking, the motherland territory integrity and the national safety receives the extreme serious threat once more. We leave extravagantly discussed any peace rises, the Taiwan independence is the disturbance factor which we peace rises with difficulty. We only can rise in the disturbance and the threat, and for rises pays the essential price, otherwise we have the possibility to collapse in the disturbance.

Taiwan is a China's province. In China's senior citizens, the middle-aged person, in the children mind all regard Taiwan do the motherland Taiwan, however, Chen Shuibian and Li Denghui and so on a handful was taking advantage of American and the Japanese influence support actually heartlessly has deprived 1.3 billion people the sovereignty and the benefit which originally should enjoy to the Taiwan territory. Our all peaceful endeavors are all regarded as by the Taiwan separatist group easily bullied, and heartlessly refuses the one country two systems to gather the sentiment and the principle arrangement. Can not be indignant? ! Can not make the anger choice which the Chinese should have!
回复

使用道具 举报

tpchan1 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-6-3 17:28:47 | 显示全部楼层
There is no need for China to take miltary action to takeover Taiwan in the coming years.

With the recent scandals, Mr. Chen Shui Bian and his Democratic Progressive Party is in trouble.  They are unlikely to win the next President election.  Kuomintang and Ma Ying Jeou will likely to win the election in 2008.  Kuomintang seems to be willing to improve the relationship with the mainland, for example, on April 26, 2005, Lien Chan traveled to mainland China to meet with the leaders of the Communist Party of China.  Moreover, in a December 2005 Newsweek International interview of Ma Ying Jeou, when asked about unification, Ma stated that "for our party, the eventual goal is reunification, but we don't have a timetable".  These will improve the relationship between Taiwan and mainland in future.

China also aims to improve its National image in the coming years, in particular for the Beijing 2008 Olympics.  China will not be happy to see any boycott of the Olympic games.

The influence of the US is also a consideration.  US will not like to see Taiwan in war with China.  China will also not want to destroy the relationship with the US.

Finally, there is a saying that "Chinese do not fight with Chinese", I think that NO one in mainland China nor Taiwan wants to have civil  war again after so many lession learnt in the history of China.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-6-3 18:43:15 | 显示全部楼层
I don’t think China will take Taiwan back by force in the recent phase. I give my opinions.

Firstly, the Chinese government has emphasized for many times that the developing China need a peaceful global environment. As we all know, our country is in face of great opportunities for development, which we should not lose any more. The major and ultimate task is to construct a commonly wealthy harmonious society and the peaceful environment is the precondition of that. Therefore China will not start a war, unless we are obliged to.

Next, although the Taiwanese government wants eagerly to be independent of the mainland of China, it is sure that they dare not declare their independence recently, for it will bring them a terrible disaster. They’d better keep the current intercoastal relationship and never bring a stupid action into existence without consideration.

Another factor that should not be forgotten is the intervention of the U.S. government. For the sake of the United States they will do their all best to keep such a war from taking place, since it will break the balance in this area and harm their benefits. If the war broke out, the American government would have to decide if it is worth getting involved in it. It won’t be a easy choice for the Americans, I think.

So, from my points of view a conclusion will be deduced, that China won’t recapture the dominion of Taiwan by force in recent years.

This problem can not be put off to be solved for a long time, but I absolutely object to using force. Instead we’d better learn something from the reunion of Germany and take our advantage to reach the goal. I have met a couple of Taiwanese young people. They have less and less awareness of the identity of being Chinese. If one day the war began, the seeds of hatred would be planted in their hearts. What good would it do, if this were to happen? That is reason why I object to take back Taiwan by force.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 17:24 , Processed in 0.444351 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.