注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 530|回复: 26

[[小语种资源]] 第十九期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-7-2 10:54:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第十九期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz,agldacheng

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

辩论题目:本科毕业先读研好还是工作好
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 11:55:29 | 显示全部楼层
In my oppion,WORK is a good choice after graduation.
Firstly,you have accumulated much theories..and you need check them.
Secondly,work make you own enough social experience.
Thirdly,work  motivate you  to learn more .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 11:57:58 | 显示全部楼层
I recommend finding a job first to people who get the bachelor degree.
Firstly, when a student gruduates from a university, he commomly has no experiences of practice in his specialty. He and his poor knowledge from the books are both frail in the front of the real tasks. Someone says that when you graduate from the school, the courses of the University of World just start. So you must find a job and exercise your ability in the practice.
Secondly, to the most of the students' family  the cost of the colleges is a heavy burden. After four years of pinching and scraping the child is finally to graduate. How is the feeling of the parents when they heard that you will go on continuing the studies for another three or five or six years! So try to earn money by yourself and then to decide weather you will continue your school life or not. It's important to be independent!
Lastly, after working for a period of time you can find out your own merits and the insufficiency. Then it will help you to make the right decision when and in which subject will you continue your studies. Then when you get your second or third degree you will become a talent in your specialty.
So in a word, go to find a job first!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 12:10:58 | 显示全部楼层
First, we must understand the purpose in taking part in the entrance examination for postgraduate. Most people think that their purpose is to find a good work, so if we can find the ideal work after university, we will work for years first.It is no late to take part in the entrance examination for postgraduate if further study needed. If you can't find a job at present,you can take part in the entrance examination for postgraduate.
Second,think about your abilities seriously, for preparing the examination conflict with work. If you have great ability, you can prepare for the exam while you are looking for the job.
And last,you must consider the family economy. If the family can't afford you to further study, get to work first.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 12:21:33 | 显示全部楼层
The answer to this subject is difficult to give in a simple phrase. However, it should be
better to have a master degree after graduation. The main reasons are as following,

Firstly, the guideline of our education ministry (Ministry of Education of the People's
Republic of China) is to widen the number of admissions of College and University. Therefore,
There are hundreds and thousands of Bacholer graudates every year. The competitions are fierce and the employment conditions are lower and lower. This factor makes ones to had to study further to get relaxation of jobs and better payments.

Secondly, In fact, Bacholer degree is enough for routine works every day. However, some hard
problems sometime are required to solve, when the advantage of postgraduates turns out. In Bacholer degree, we have preparetions of professional knowlegde and technique. After graudation, we can use them to work. On  the other hand, The study of postgraduates educates you to think by yourself and improve your ability of finding a solution. Hence, the further studying is necessary, if you want to achieve a big success in you career.

Last, some one saids we will learn nothing in postgraduation study and only work for our supervisors. In fact, I would like to say it is true in some universities. But, you can improve your ability during the work in postgraduation study. The study of postgraduate only help you to improve your academic level, it can not give you everything that you want. Atfer your gradudation, you may have a high level to solve the problems.

In a word, it is better to go further after you get a Bacholer degree.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 12:57:08 | 显示全部楼层
Furtheormore, I have seen the opinions of friends Mr. Dahuacheng, Mr. Tjbnbnbn and Ms. 独孤芳. The formers agree that to work first after your graduation. Their reaseans are true. I strongly agree that the tuition fee, living cost, economy of the family and working experience are all  critial factors to make you to draw their decisions. These financial problems cannot ignore in our consideration. The more considerations and solutions are presented herein,

As mentioned above, the tuition fee is too high for some family to afford. It is true in China and such situation will last a relative long time. Such problems should be considered in every aspects. On the one hand, the government should arrange the payment structures of our society. The salary structure is abnormal, in which amount of money are held in minority of persons. Most of citizens are living a low  conditions. Therefore, many familiy can not afford such tuition fee. To solve such a problem should be in charge of our government.

On the other hand, we should face the living cost during the study. The friends' opinions are absolutely right. Now we grow up and can not depend on our fathers and mothers. If we still study, we will lose our making money. But, I would like to say how much money we can make as a Bachelor degree. I think the salary is still low when you works. Why not you take a part-time work as you are studying. Ms. 独孤芳 said " If you have great ability, you can prepare for the exam  while you are looking for the job." I would like to say that if you have higher ability, you can take a part-time job and continue your studying.

Last, it is not true that you lose the opportuniy of gaining work experience when you study in universities. Furthermore, you can take a part-time job to train yourself. Especially, some supervisors will give you a project as your thesis. Hence, you can obtain the work experience and a higher degree.

In a word, every people will face different difficulties at each stage. To solve these problems are different ways and depend on your decision. Do not see the difficulties and lose faith. You can solve them, because you have been highly educated and  grow up. In my opinion, it is better to studying further after you have a Bacholer degree.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 14:41:01 | 显示全部楼层
Every student in grade 4 confronts this problem. For some persons they have clear answers such as if they get poor grades in their undergraduate courses especially in English and math or if their family economy condition is not good or if there is no need to get postgraduate degree in their department because they can get a fair working position and satisfying salary.

But for other persons, it is very difficult for them to make a decision. Generally, I insist that it be better a get postgraduate degree after graduating.

Firstly, you can study intently without any other effect and keep the continuity of your learning. As we all know, the knowledge will be forgot quickly if you do not use or review them at some interval. In school, the persons we contact are relatively pure, it is useful to do some research.  

Secondly, it is more and more difficult for us to get a satisfying job with more and more bachelor graduate. So if you can learn more knowledge in school, you will have great advantage over others.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 15:16:52 | 显示全部楼层
students who are going to graduate from universities are standing at the crossroads at present. is it better to find a job or go on studying for the master degree? this is a difficult question for them to figure out and I suppose my answer is "go get a job", for these following reasons:

first of all, collge students are now under unprecedented intense pressure from labor market. it is getting harder and harder to find a ideal job which not only provides opportunities to realize one's potential but also satisfying salary. so, under the circumstances, time is, to some  extent, more important than academic degree. no one can predict for sure that if a graduated student of 2 or 3 years later can get a job easier than a bachelor of present.

second, i don't think  the studying for master degree can really improve one's ablities in practice. At its best, it only improves graduated students theoretically. yet for many personnel managers, 2-3 years work experience is much more important than academic achievement.

third,  after a period of work experience,  you can find out your own weak points and strong points. Then it will help you to make the right decision when and in which subject will you continue your studies.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 16:35:17 | 显示全部楼层
Which is a better choice, working or continuing to study for the master degree after graduation? Different people have different answers due to their respective point of view. Some people press more stress in the former while others attach heavier weight to the latter. Were I forced to make a choice, I would not hesitate to side with the former for several significant reasons in the following.

To begin with, no issue is more vital than this one that working can give you deeper insights concerning what you have learned. As a fact, practice can make you understand your expertise more deeply. Championing examples are laden with the evolution of human society. Let us take a glimpse of Chairman Mao, a prestigious leader in our country. He stressed that Experience is the best teacher. If you can see that, you can understand my point very compressively.

In addition, working after graduation can abate family burden. As is well known, almost all our fees in school are given by our parents, at least in China. If we work after graduation, we can, more or less, afford ourselves and ease our parents’ burden.

As the old saying has it, ‘No garden without its seeds.’ Superior as working after graduation, however, it has own demerits, too.  For example, we may loose the best opportunity to grasp knowledge. Nevertheless, the pros carry more weight than the cons. Therefore, the conclusion is most striking and conspicuous.

Judging from all evidence offered above, which sometimes intertwine to form an organic whole and thus become more persuasive, we can reasonably draw the conclusion that working after graduation is a better choice for students who get the bachelor degree.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 16:43:33 | 显示全部楼层
As for the selection to work or to continue to study for graduate degree after undergrada, many people have their won standpoints. dahuacheng, tjbnbnbn, 孤独芳,huiele insisted that it is better to go out for a job after the bachelar degree is obtained. Macauor and ma56607 thought it should be better to have a master degree after graduation. In my opinion, the decision depends on the personal state. If the condition was allowed, it is better to obtain the master degree.

1. Now too much bachelor students and too much master students go out of the campus into the society. So the position for bachelor students in the past is now for the master students, the position for technical students in the past is now for bachelor students. So when faced with the too much master students, the room for bachelor students is smaller and smaller.

2. Maybe some one said no one predict that the master students will find a job easier two or three later than now. But now also no one could say that only one job is enough for his whole life. In the present days, it was normal to change the jobs from a firm to another. So  when one has to change the work two or three years later, he will also face the pressure of the too much master students. At that time, it is difficult to say that he must win the master student.

But there are some exceptions.  Every road all lead to Rome. So when making a decision on the work or studing, it mainly depend on the personal state. of course, in my opinion, I insist that it is better to coninue to study for master degree after college if the conditions are allowed.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 18:36:39 | 显示全部楼层
Different people have different opinions ,why?Maybe the truth is that it is never easy to make a simple decision for the kind of choice.Of course ,we can benefit from the both kinds of decisions .On the one hand ,we can gain working experience if we have a job at firstly.On the other hand ,we can gain more knowledge so that we can fall back on in the future life.
It is almost true ,in china childern's education is depending on parents' hardworking .The further education maybe continue the kind of the parents' burden .When we are growing old enough ,the feeling is not good .Our parents should enjoy their life at the time instead of working hard to support our tuition.Just because of our further education  ,the reality  is on the contrast.To solve the problem ,should we  go to work instead of being an postgraduate.Perhaps it is not
a good way to handle the question.Firstly ,it is not the parents' opinion.sometime i am not serious to say that i would go to work instead of continuing my further study.They really dont agree with me .Seondly,with the severely competitive world ,only when the one gain the advanced technology and knowledge can he have the advantage to have a good job with high salary.Thirdly,different periods have  different goals.after working for several years,when someone want to go back to school.perhaps he will find that he is tangled up by so many tings .It is hard enough to  shake them off to immerse the study.
So it is my opinion , "different periods have  different goals",the school time is rare.If people can afford the further education,they should just do it,then go to work.It is never late to enrich the working experience.
Of course, the filial piety must be emphasized for parents' love after graduation.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-7-2 19:04:16 | 显示全部楼层
大家写的很精彩,继续,但是写过的就不要再写了。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 22:23:07 | 显示全部楼层
I agree with to work first when you finished your university life. There have three main reasons for analying it.

First of all, you have experienced nearly 16 years in school to study, then you need to survive in the society. Well, as we know, knowledge is not everything. The society is different from the campus. you have to study the relationship between people, learn how to treat others. So, you finished the campus life, you should go to work.

Second, you have growth, then you have to earn yourself. As a adult in the society, you have the responsibility to care for others. During the school life, your relative tutoring is gived by your parents, you ought to pay back to your family.

Third, you can study during your work time. Knowledge is numberless, you have to spend your whole life to study.So, it's not necessary to spend your colourful time in school.

After all, if you find a job, I agree with you to work first.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-2 22:36:25 | 显示全部楼层
I recommend finding a job firstly  for  people who get the Bachelor degree.

Firstly, when a student gruduates from a university, Perhaps  he has  some  knowlege  from  books, but  he  has  little practical  experience in  the society or
career. If  you go on studying, you will  be out of  this real world.

Secondly,we  have to think about the cost of  the university . Our parents  need
us to  be independent early.  We  should  learn to  make a living . We should understand  ourselves  and  improve  ourselves   in  practical  situation.  

in a word, go to find a job firstly!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-3 07:31:13 | 显示全部楼层
    In my opinion, I choose work after graduation. In my realistic life, I got a teacher after graduation. but I do not know that this determination is true or wrong, in the other hand, many people oppose my opinion, they think that it continue study for the master degree after graduation, because the examination became very easy after graduation, meanwhile, they can invest the all energy during study and learn more specialized knowledge.
    I choose work after graduation, because, firstly, I born a countryside, my parent is farmer. my parent become more hard work than past for heavy tuition, I recall this thing, my heart become ache, my parent became older, they have not ability in work, I want abate family burden, so, under the environment, I was constrained to seek the work. Secondly, everyone do not know that they will do what in future, so I think that continuing to study for the master degree after graduation have not target, many student continue to study for only get out of pressure of seek to work, so, continuing to study for the master degree after graduation is phenomena evasion, they do not want to face the pressure. Continuing to study after work, we know to study direction. Then, our specialized knowledge can learn to better.
    In word, I agree to choose working after graduation.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-3 07:33:09 | 显示全部楼层
恭喜agldacheng当上实习版主.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-3 08:14:54 | 显示全部楼层
I think it is a good choice to find a job first after a person gets his bachelor degree.Because a student has little knowledge about the practical field of his speciality after many years' study.He needs a direction to advance his knowledge and experiences. But how can he make the direction clearly?The answer is to go to work.During working he can get practical knowledge,he can compare the knowledge from book with that from work.He will know the shortage of his konwledge and he can find his progress direction.Being a student,we have followed our professor or our teacher for too many years as we don't have our own directions.After some years' work we will be quite clear what we want to do and what we want to be.After working first,one may be engaged in postgraduate study.And this time he will study with questions from work.I think he will grasp the knowledge much better in this way.

On the other hand,one purpose of studies is working.One's learning and his experiences of work are both important.Our konwledge can be learned from book and work.But experiences must be got from work.We have spent so many years in school and university,it's time to change your role to be in work after you get your bachelor degree.

I think one should find a job first after he gets his bachelor degree.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-3 13:57:18 | 显示全部楼层
  Is it better to find a job or go on studying for the master degree after
graduation? Different people have different attitudes due to their respective point of view. Some people recommend finding a job first  while others think it is
better to have a master degree after graduation.  As far as I am concerned , I would not hesitate to agree with the former.

Firstly, when a student gruduates from a university, Perhaps he has some knowledge from books, but he commomly has no experiences of practice in his specialty. as we all know, experiences are very important, if students without any experiences,  it is getting harder and harder to find a ideal job. on the oter hand, The society is different from the campus. you have to study the relationship between people, learn how to treat others. you can put knowledge into practice, can make you understand your expertise more deeply and gain more working experience if we have a job firstly.

Secondly, it need a long tome to prepare for the examination, but the result is unknown, not all students can pass that examination, maybe you are confidence, but you should know confidence just is confidence, you should think whether you have the ability to pass the examination for postgraduate or not.

Thirdly, If your family can't afford you to further study, I think it is better to work first. As is well known, in china children's education is depending on their parents' hardworking. As an adult in the society, we should not think for ourselves, we have the responsibility to care for our parents and others.

In a word, it is better to go work after you get a Bachelor degree.

That is all, thanks a lot!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-3 15:09:29 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, this question must be according to every special conditions instead of giving a single answer that tell which one is better than the other one.

To begin with, I, personally, think if a person who are lack of practice experiences, is better to work for some years other than enter for the graduate exam when he graduate from college. Working experiences do good to one's further study, and also can help a person who just leaves school to know what he really wants to do in his whole life. In this way, one can studies more efficiently. On the contrary, it is easy for one to become just a bookworm, who studies just for studies. It is clear that this kind of people is no use in the modern society for they are lack of creative ability. And of course, no one wants to be like that especially when he has a master degree.

However, if you already have plenty of practice experiences during your college life, to get a master degree firstly will take you more benefits. Generally speaking, the undergraduate study is more apt to the basic education, but the graduate study is more special, and you can get deeper theoretical knowledge. This is useful to solve more complicated problems. So having the experience of graduate study is very important for one who want to do some studies with originality and creativity. You can discuss with your mentor or your classmates, this is helpful to broaden your minds. And you can get many good experiences from the project of your panel. To sum up, it is a good complementation to your knowledge and you will get infinite profits.

So, if you feel you have enough practice experiences, I will agree you to study in graduate school, otherwise, I will advise you to work for some time.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-7-3 17:49:55 | 显示全部楼层
大家写得都不错,看来大多数人认为应该先工作,你的观点是什么呢,快来发表一下吧,威望等你拿哦.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 22:41 , Processed in 0.435760 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.