找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
楼主: agldacheng

[[小语种资源]] 第十九期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-7-3 20:34:21 | 显示全部楼层
Unlike most friends, I agree with continuing to study for the master degree after graduation. The reasons are mainly enclose the job problem for graduates, a majority of college graduates find it increasingly difficult to get a rewarding job:
   According to the statistics, only 58% of college graduates could find jobs in their specialties. One reason perhaps is that many colleges and universities fail to adapt their courses to the development of economy. Degree courses offered in these institutions of higher learning are so outdated, irrelevant and impractical that the students themselves find it hard to translate their book knowledge into real job skills. Second, there is an oversupply of graduates in certain specialties.
 So many of them can not enter the professions for which they are trained. College graduates are valuable resources in our country. The problems they encounter in job hunting deserve more attention.
  Therefore, the reasons for my supporting are obvious: lots of graduates cannot find appropriate works before getting master degree, and their lacking of experiences. Generally, they cannot strife with those who have high degree or salted workers. To resolve the financial problems’ knottiness mentioned above, I think ways and means which macauor said are feasible, for part-time job is of vital importance, providing a accumulating chance. Further more, China is a developing country, requiring more persons with great abilities.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-3 22:20:04 | 显示全部楼层
My viewpoint is that we should go on to study in the academy after we get a bachelor degree, first lets us read some data, in 2006 the national graduate student recruitment of students plan initially determined 400,000 people, postgraduate candidate 56,000 people, the recruitment of students scale compares in 2005 to increase 30,000 people . Before this numeral announces the demonstration, in 2006 master the graduate student registers for the population is 1.275 million, the same ratio grows 9% with 2005. In 2005 national master the graduate student registration population and the recruitment of students scale respectively are 1.172 million and 325,000, the enrollment rate approximately is 28%, introduced according to the department concerned, in 2006 the national master's degree student will recruit students the scale also to have the increase. Next graduate more and more many, will look for the work to be more difficult more in the future.

The pressure is big, compels everybody to test various card, the diploma is most important to be regard in the Chinese current society, a foreign enterprises' human resources person in charge said, "all said the graduate student drop in quality, but if depends on these certificate hardware to look, a student indeed year compared to year fierce."
  If God gives me again an opportunity, perhaps I still choose to be a postgraduate firstly , after all, The ability will enhance after we get a master degree, own platform were dissimilar, the working standard affirmed had to enhance.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-3 22:52:58 | 显示全部楼层
Nowadays, I think to find a job is better than to get a graduate degree.

At present, with the development of information technology, our society is varying everyday.
In the aspect of salary, a few years ago, most of bachelors can get as much income as  graduates can get today. Why does this happen? Some years ago, it was short of skilled workers. But now, a lot of universities  enlarge their recruiting students. So, many people can get a bachelor degree. Persons with ability are becoming more and more. Companies do not worry about  employees. So, bachelors get less and less. This is the true situation now.

But, on the other hand, if you don't choose the graduate degree and find a job. Then you can use the 3 years to learn a lot of skills in company ahead of persons who choose their graduate degrees. As we all know, graduates today are less skilled than before. Most of them have been tools to get money of their advisors. Few of them can go all out to do a research. So, most of graduates only get their degrees and some skills for projects. When graduates have got their degree, they go out to find a job. The job they found usually is higher than one the  bachelor found before, but the salary is always the same, even lower. Why? A lot of graduates must be unsatisfied. In company, graduates are rookies, but bachelors have been skilled. Graduates must learn more in company, but bachelors have been some leaders. Bachelors have learned enough in the 3 years when graduates are still busy with their degrees. So, future of them are different. Salary must be different, too.

So, I surpport looking for a job.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-4 11:43:15 | 显示全部楼层
I strongly agree with macauor. It’s hard to decide which is the right one. After finding a job, you will find you are messd with too much things such as marriage, work and so on. Those will baffle you from entering the entrance to further education. But if you prefer to postgraduate education first, perhaps you will find that lots of time have been wasted (for postgraduate education in some university is not so good).

In my opinion, the answer is determined by your speciality. If you are specialized in Engineering Application, that’s no need to go to further education. The theoretical knowledge you got from 4 years study is enough. And you are in dire need of practice.But to those who wanna do some theoretical research work(such as Solid State Theory, Technique for Gene Engineering and so on), it’s the better way to go further education first.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-7-4 12:11:00 | 显示全部楼层
大家写得真好
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-4 16:39:27 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion,it is better to work first after someone has got  the bachelor degree.The reasons is as following:
At first,every student in the university should have much enough knowledge from books theoretically,but the lack of social expericence exists in most of them very commonly.To make up this we must devote us to the university of society so that we can develop ourself in the whole.
Secondly,our parents have done too much for us.It is time for us to pay back for their favor.Many family endured much debt to support a university student.If we choose to continue our study the burden of the economy will make our parents’life worse.At this time,you will ask yourself, can you see them work bitterly for you without mercy?
Thirdly,even you choose working after getting  the bachelor degree. You still can study at the same time.As a result ,not only you can earn yourself but also you can absorb many knowledge which you can not meet in the campus.
So in a word ,in china I prefer working after getting the bachelor degree!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-7-4 17:20:00 | 显示全部楼层
As a graduate student, I believe the topic we are discussing have no general answer.
take myself for example, lots of my college classmates have got their careers uptowrds while I , pathitically, still spend money from my parents. Shame on me, isn't it!
but , to think it another way, when i finish my LLM education, it is reasonable to bet there will be some better chances waiting for me! as for a law students, LLM is now almost the entry degree for famous legal firms.
so, it is really hard to give an ture or false generallly, but for law, i think, with only a little doubt, LLM is what you are supposed to try.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-24 14:55 , Processed in 0.339909 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.