找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
楼主: xiao4zhu

[[学习策略]] “英语课堂游戏”专帖(请勿跟贴,谢谢!)

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-26 08:27:10 | 显示全部楼层
80. Pictionary (Game 1) - revamp - Charades (Game 2)

Level: Any Level

Write out series of categories like professions (doctor, bus driver, etc.), animals, foods, actions (fishing, haircut, etc.) then divide the class into groups of 2. One student draws and the other guesses. Next turn, the guesser draws and drawer guesses. This game works best with the arbitrary stop watch (30 seconds). This is designed for one lesson.

Then for another day take the same categories (or create new ones) and play the same game except students, this time, act it out (no speaking or noises).

Submitted by: Ell Saunders
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-18 02:10:30 | 显示全部楼层
81. Prepositions Game

Level: Medium to Difficult

Prepare a text that contains prepositions. Take out the propositions and print them on a separate sheet, then cut this sheet so that each preposition is on a piece of paper, then put all of them in an envelope . Divide the class into groups and give each group an envelope. Tell the students that you are going to read a text and whenever you raise your hand they should bring a suitable preposition and put it on your desk and that the fastest team would get points. Read the text with each groups' order and cancel a point for each mistake. Finally read the text with correct prepositions. You can play this game with adj as well as a,the and an.

Submitted by: Luma Ashoo
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-18 02:11:39 | 显示全部楼层
82. Present Continuous Videos

I've used this activity in just about every class I've ever had, it's suitable for any age group and any level but the best thing about it is that it requires almost no preparation.

You'll need a video. I usually use Mr Bean but anything will do as long as it isn't dialogue heavy and has a lot of action.

The students will need a piece of paper and a pen. Arrange students in two rows and seat them back to back so that the video can be seen by one row (watchers) but not by the other (writers).

Explain to the watchers that they are to describe the action taking place on the screen using the present continuous, they can also describe clothing, people, anything really but try to keep the focus on the action.
The writers have to listen carefully to the watcher sitting behind them and write down as much information as they can.

Keep this going for about five or ten minutes (or as long as a Mr Bean sketch) then get them to swap chairs and play a different sketch/segment for the new row of watchers.

Put the students into two groups according to row. They must now pool their notes and create their own version of events. Good past continuous practice!

I usually get them to share their stories with the other group and then at the end let them watch both segments again and compare their version with what actually happened.

Lots of listening, speaking, writing and lots of fun.
Submitted by Vanessa P.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-20 22:29:44 | 显示全部楼层
83. Pronunciation Bingo

THIS BINGO IS FOR NOUN-VERB STRESS

I came out with this idea while I was teaching pronunciation in Mexico. The idea is to make a bingo game contrasting the the pronunciation of nouns and verbs with the same spelling.(Use a stress mark (
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-20 22:32:16 | 显示全部楼层
84. Prove It

Level: Easy to Medium

Give your students one or more statements to prove or disprove. The statements can tie in with the topic or the grammar point of the class. Examples: Nobody in this class likes winter. Everyone here can draw a Volkswagen Beetle car.

Students talk to as many other students as possible to prove/disprove the statements. Then they give feedback to the class: 'This statement is not true. There are at least 5 people in this class who like winter.

Submitted by John Raby (jraby$$$jiu.ac.jp)
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-21 15:02:24 | 显示全部楼层
85. Punctuation Game

I came up with this game to help the students understand what the marks of punctuation are. Draw a period (.), a comma (,), a question mark (?), exclamation mark (!), and an apostrophe (') on the board and leave a few inches between each symbol. Tell the students the name of each and have them repeat each name. When they are comfortable with the names, begin by pointing to each one in succession. Once they are proficient at this, speed up the pace. This is where it gets fun. Once they are able to say the names in order, change the order on them. Speed up each time through to get the kids excited. As a final tactic, have each student go through the names of the symbols at a slow pace and then speed up. I give the one who can say the most right a piece of candy or a sticker. Have fun and you'll see a big improvement in their punctuation.

Submitted by David R. Henry
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-21 15:03:39 | 显示全部楼层
86. Question and Answer Game Activity

Usually students answer comprehension questions after a reading. Why not have students create their own comprehension questions? I have and it works well, especially if this activity is turned into a game. I do this by having students in small groups work together to write questions about the text. Only questions which can be answered by the text are allowed. Opinion questions are not allowed. After groups finish writing their questions, they ask their questions to another group which must answer within a specified amount of time (the teacher decides the time according the class level). If the answer is correct and given within the time period, the answering team receives a point. If the answer is incorrect or not found within the time period, the questioning group receives a point, but they must inform the other group of the answer. Each group takes turns asking and answering questions.

Submitted by Greg Goodmacher
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-22 20:55:47 | 显示全部楼层
87. Reviewing Tenses

Preparation:
Print out three sentences (negative, positive, and question) of the tense you want to review.
Cut each sentence into words.

The Activity:
Students work in groups.
Give each group of students words of a sentence and ask them to make the sentence.
Draw a table on the board and ask students to tick sentences at suitable positiions, positive, negative, or question.
Ask students to make rules of the tense.

Example:

Three Sentences:
I am a student.
I am not a student.
Are you a student?

The Rules:

TO BE at the present simple
I am a student.

Positive: S + am/is/are + O.
I am not a student.

Negative: S + am/is/are + not + O.
Are you a student?

Question: (Ques words) + am/ is /are + S + O?

Submitted by: Nguyen Nhu
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-22 20:57:09 | 显示全部楼层
88. Role Play: The Exclusive Picture

Level: Medium to Advanced

Time: One hour, including follow-up debate.

Language: As many speech acts as are possible. "Divergent"approach (see The Internet TESL Journal" for a good article by Patricia K. Tompkins).

Organization: Small group (in my case, 7).

Warm-up/Preparation: Each student compiles a fictitious character profile(or merely thinks up a few ideas on what he mightsay in the context).

Procedure: Teacher asks for volunteers, or appoints them ifthe students are stalling too much.

Background:
The editor of a newspaper, whose sales are not going well at the moment, has just received a very graphic photo of a horrendous accident involving a school-bus and which occurred on a nearby motorway due to heavy fog. In the photo, you can see the injured and dead strewn around the crash scene. The rest is easy to imagine. The problem is whether to publish it or not. The image could shock, all the more so if it is on the front page. Should not the victims be left in peace, and not appear on the cover of a newspaper. Then again, perhaps by publishing this photo, the editor seeks to educate would-be careless drivers, or would-be drink-drivers. Of course, why should these victims be used as free advertising? Also, it is news, and nobody can fault a journalist for airing a story and photo. Moreover, the photo will attract, perhaps, new customers; people have a morbid interest in the misfortunes of others, it is said.

Role players:
The editor, quite young.
The photographer who took the shot, single.
The accountant, married with two children.
A journalist-relative of one of the victims-in favour ofpublication,
married (with or without children).
A second journalist, single, who is against publication.
More journalists from various sections of the paper.
(The ages and marital status may be altered as you see fit).

Facts on newspaper:
Employs fifty workers, most with children.
Is on the verge of closure.
Serious newspaper.
Follow-up:
Teacher collects main arguments raised and writes them down in order to fully tease out what was said, the validity/logic of same.

A more open " casual" group debate can ensue in the wake of the role play.

Variation:
Instead of a photo, it could be a nasty story about a local hero/personality.

Off-shoot Activity:
The role of newspapers in society.
What sells newspaper.
Why do we buy newspapers.
Will they disappear in the future?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-23 13:31:35 | 显示全部楼层
89. Saved by the Bell

Level: Medium

I discovered this game while watching T.V. With some modifications the idea of the game is the same:

1.-Place a buzz or bell inside a waste basket(a clean one, of course).

2.-Get a light ball that fits into the basket.

3.-The student will make a shot with the ball.If the student scores the bell will ring(saved by the bell) , if the student fails a indiscreet question will have to be answered by him/her.

4.-In advance, prepare as many cards with indiscreet questions as possible. For example:

Have you ever cheated in a final test? Have you ever stolen something? Have you ever had two or more boy/girlfriends at the same time?Have you ever gotten a ticket? If so why?Have you ever had a nickname? If so, which one? etc,etc.

The point of this game is to practise asking and answering in a fun way. However, you have to be very careful with the questions you write on the cards!(some questions may be very offensive if you are not careful).

Submitted by Pablo Ortega Juez
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-23 13:32:29 | 显示全部楼层
90. Secret Code

I sometimes give instructions to my students written in code that they have to interpret before completing tasks. I've used this at various levels:

Here's an example: to revise alphabet and simple present verbs/vocab.

Tell students the code e.g. each code letter represents the letter that comes before it in the alphabet a is b, m is n, 'dbu' is cat etc.
Then they decode their message and do the task:
xbml up uif cpbse - walk to the board
kvnq ufo ujnft - jump ten times
To make it more difficult, I've ...
used more complex codes,
let them work the code out for themselves,
have not defined where words end,
have given more complicated tasks or vocabulary
or given them half an instruction which they must decode and then find the classmate with the other half of their task information.
This activity can be used to review or practise vocabulary or structure or simply be a different way to introduce the topic for the day's class -- each student gets one or two words to decode and then the class work to put all the words together.

Submitted by: Karen Mack
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-25 18:59:52 | 显示全部楼层
91. Sentence Race

A good game for large classes and for reviewing vocabulary lessons.

Prepare a list of review vocabulary words.
Write each word on two small pieces of paper. That means writing the word twice, once on each paper.
Organize the pieces like bundles, 2 bundles, 2 sets of identical words.
Divide the class into 2 teams. get them to make creative team names.
Distribute each list of words to both teams. every student on each team should have a paper. Both teams have the same words.
When you call a word, 2 students should stand up, one from each team. The students must then run to the blackboard and race to write a sentence using their word.
The winner is the one with a correct and clearly written sentence.
This is always a hit with kids. For more advanced students, use tougher words.

Submitted by: Thomas D. J-B
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-25 19:00:50 | 显示全部楼层
92. Simon Says

Level: Easy

This game which is often played by native-speaker children is very useful in the ESL classroom. The person chosen as "Simon" stands in front of the classroom and issues commands. The rest of the class only follows these commands if prefixed with the words "Simon says". If someone follows a command not prefixed by "Simon says", he is out of the game. The last person remaining becomes the next "Simon". Some examples of commands are: stand up, sit down, touch your left ear, say "yes"

Submitted by Joe Brooke
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-28 21:31:11 | 显示全部楼层
93. Spelling Contest

First, if you have a large class you have to divide it in 2 teams. then the teacher says a word or a sentence depending on the level for the students to spell. Students should spell these correctly with not even one mistake. The team that has more points is the winner

Submitted by: Revolle Soyer
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-28 21:32:16 | 显示全部楼层
94. Spelling Review

Level: Medium

This activity will make students rewiew spelling in a funny way. You can create similar spellings as the following ones:

I.1.2.C.U = I want to see you
R.U.O.K? = Are you O.k?
I T = Iced tea
I.C.Q = I seek you
I.O.U. = I owe you
E.Z. = Easy
B.Z. = Busy
I.1.T = I want tea
I.8 = I ate
U.2 = You two/ you too.
Y? = Why?
C.U.$$$.9 = See you at nine
2E.Z.4U = Too easy for you
R.U.D.Z? = Are you dizzy?

stand
------ = I understand
I

Submitted by Pablo Ortega
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-28 21:36:28 | 显示全部楼层
95. Spin Zone

Level: Any

Each set of partners receives a top. One learner says as many sentences or words in the target language as he can before the top stops spinning. His partner counts. The student who says the most words wins. We had fun letting the winners compete in "spin offs". I like to give stickers to all and candy to the winner!

Submitted by Amanda Dunaway
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-28 21:37:39 | 显示全部楼层
96. Spot the Difference

Divide the group in pairs.For this activity you get two apparently iqual pictures.You can get this pictures in puzzle books or internet. Give one of the pictures to a student an the counter-picture to his/her partner. Make the students sit far from his/her partner in order to describe the picture without looking at the counterpicture. The point of the game is to detect the differences without using body language or looking at the partner's counter-picture. The team that finds all the differences first is the winner.

This activity is specially good for those students who are reluctant to speak.

Submitted by Pablo Ortega Juez portegaj63$$$hotmail.com
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-31 19:47:52 | 显示全部楼层
97. Stop

STEP 1:
On the top of a page each student writes the following: category names:
NAME, PLACE, ACTION, ANIMAL, OBJECT, FRUIT/VEGGY and TOTAL.
STEP 2:
Someone starts saying the alphabet, A, B, C...etc. then someone else interrupts the alphabet-teller shouting : STOP!!!
STEP 3:
Let us suppose the alphbet-teller was interrupted on letter "K". All the participants in the game would try to find words that start with "K" to fill out the category chart. For example one may write: Kansas for "LACE", koala for "ANIMAL", key for "OBJECT", kiwii for "FRUIT" and so on.
STEP 4:
The participant that finishes filling all categories first shouts STOP!! And all the others should stop writing.
STEP 5:
The participants compare their words. The words repeated by two players are worth 50 points. the words repeated by three or more are worth 25. The words that are not repeated by anyone are worth 100 points. The empty categories are "0". Each player adds up all the points he got for the letter in turn and put the result in the "TOTAL" At the end of the game all the subtotals are added and the one who gets the highest score is the winner.

Submitted by Pablo Ortega-Juez
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-12-31 19:49:56 | 显示全部楼层
98. Story Telling & Memory Game

Ask the children {at least 5 to 6} to sit around in a circle
Ask one child to say a sentence in a story form e.g "once there was a boy".The next child will have to repeat that sentence and add something more to it like "once there was a boy whose name was John"In this way the children keep building up a story as well as remembering what the previous sentences were.The child which forgets a line will go out of the game.This game not only improves a child's memory but also encourages him/her to be creative in story telling.

Submitted by Mrs.Ranjani.R.Gehani
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-1-1 15:00:55 | 显示全部楼层
99. Suppose That

Level: Easy to Medium

This works well as a fluency activity

You are the black sheep of your family. Explain to us why.
You won a motorcycle and you are planning to embark on a voyage. Explain where you go.
You arrive face to face with a person who you owe 100 dollars to. What do you say?
You help an old woman across the street. It turns out that she is a magician. To thank you, she offers you four wishes. What do you ask for?
You arrive home at midnight, you open the door and ......

Submitted by Sholdstock
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 08:09 , Processed in 0.526479 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.